Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are people afraid of squats?

Why are people afraid of squats?

I guess I just noticed that most of the women at my gym get down on squats religiously. But most of the dudes are stuck in the mirror checking out there chest and bi's!! The few who do work there legs, most are on some weak ass squat machine not getting the full body benefit of a natural deep squat. It's pretty comical hearing them complain about what a struggle it is to make gains.
    Should I help them or should I not? I don't like waisting my breath or time, but I feel like, " man if you just tried something new". Is this the same at your gyms or am I just destined to be the only beast in my town? Lol

Do not volunteer info on what someone is doing wrong. It just never works out.

Yeah I feel like it's the same at most gyms. I'd bet there are only five guys at my gym that I've ever seen get under the squat rack in the three of four years I've been there. They might figure it out one day.

V.I.P.

Re: Why are people afraid of squats?

Its a pain thing. Or at least it looks like it is. They always have to do some machine that is supposed to give better results than reqular squats, they never do but they all tell the same story. "Look Im making better gains on my legs with the girly man machine than I ever could doing squats." lol. Its the same everywhere. Maybe one day they will try doing Back squats but then the spend a month complaining about how it hurts.

I remember when I was a kid, when I got a new tooth it hurt when I lost the old baby tooth and didnt feel good while the new one grew in. Most growth is like that. A little pain and a little growth thats how it works. If you want to grow you gotta love the pain. So squat and have sore legs for a day or two, Thats the only way I know to make them grow.

I'm a personal trainer by trade and I've trained amateurs to Pro's and I never correct people.now if they ask me I tell them and I do a lot of telling because people locally know what I do. Wears me out sometimes but I've also got a lot of clients that way .

Quote Originally Posted by AgentYes View Post
    Do not volunteer info on what someone is doing wrong. It just never works out.
    Seriously. Most men think they know everything and they don't want to hear what they're doing wrong especially from a woman.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I don't correct, BUT, I will harass them in front of their friends mocking how much their squat sucks, and that they squat like a little girl. It's amazing how once you question one's man hood that they try to prove you wrong lol

Whiskey
    You'll have that.

Many don't know how to squat properly either. Do they sit back or sit down? Do they keep their chest high? Do they push their knees out? Most think it's as simple as just sitting down and they never lift truly heavy weight nor do they maximize their growth potential.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Seriously. Most men think they know everything and they don't want to hear what they're doing wrong especially from a woman.
    I could see that, I have guys ask me shit all the time, my #70 weight loss/transformation is the talk of the gym (not being arrogant here). I told one guy what to do/not do, he trains like shit all machine work, with way to heavy weight, and the worst form I have ever seen. Seriously the guy looks like he's having seizures doing his 1/3 reps.Whewww..right over the head (my advice) still doing the same shit and wonders why his body doesn't change, he is also constantly breaking shit, people have really begun to hate this guy because he uses way much to weight and those snappy/jerky reps aren't good for the equipment. I told him about squats, and he says "I don't train legs, I just want a big upper body"....I would be embarrassed to look like that, always wears a wife-beater with long pants of course..like someone else said don't even bother trying to help someone , unless they ask you AND are serious...damn sorry about the rant..

Kaz

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Who is affraid of squats??? Sissy's!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!