Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ??? On Your Worst Lift.....

Re: ??? On Your Worst Lift.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Deads.......I'm a short squaty guy with short arms (think T-Rex ) anyway I love them I just can't pull......tried sumos also.....still just sorry
    You just have to work on it. Lets be honest.... none of us are built for all 3 lifts. At best some of us are built for 2 of the lifts so that means we ALL struggle with a lift. Don't say... I'm going to suck at deads because of blah, blah, blah. Instead say I'm going to kick the shit out of deadlifts and believe it. If you say you can't than you won't. Believe in yourself and you'll be surprised what you can accomplish.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    You need to work on your hip mobility. When you're pulling conventional you want your shoulders behind the bar and to accomplish that you have ot drop your hips.

Another thing that is often overlooked when pulling conventional is how to properly finish a pull. You don't pull back extending your lower back. You shoot your hips forward. I see many people doing this incorrectly and they miss the top of the lift when in fact that shouldn't happen if they have strong hips.

Thanks SS, working on the hip mobility. Doing tons of research right now. Appreciate your advice too suga!
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

That's actually a VERY good video Zed. You should work on those 2 stretched 3x week for 2+ minutes a time and you'll see a difference in your hip mobility.

Don't forget to work on the rest of your body (upper and lower body).
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Much thanks suga am on it both upper and lower.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Much thanks suga am on it both upper and lower.
    Kelly Starrett and Chad Wesley Smith both have good vids of mobility for the upper and lower body.

Awesome. Need to stretch and flex like this. My squat is tight and weak - this is useful ^^^

OK a question on Good Mornings.
    Do you keep you hips stationary or do you move them horizontally from front to back with your legs slightly bent?
    Henry Ford

OK a question on Good Mornings.
    Do you keep you hips stationary or do you move them horizontally from front to back with your legs slightly bent?
    You move your hips back as the bar descends. You also want to keep a slight bend in your hips. If you kept your hips fixated in one position, you would topple over as you lowered the bar.

One more thing... If you're not performing GM's you should be. They are great for strengthening the lower back. It's a staple lift of mine and all that I have trained (which includes some big names in Powerlifting).

Thanks suga!
    Henry Ford