Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ??? On Your Worst Lift.....

Re: ??? On Your Worst Lift.....

My bench press lags in comparison to my squats/deadlift, I got long arms can never seem to get my arms under the bar comfortably

my bench press.... mine is only 315lbs x 10 where as i can dead lift 500 x 12

Quote Originally Posted by bionic redneck View Post
    Depends......what's your weight?

Besides that how many people walking around can push up that weight?
    Last edited by Encino_Mang; 09-04-2013 at 07:03 PM.

6ft1 268lbs at 12.44%bf

6ft1 268lbs at 12.44%bf
    Sounds like a pretty good number to me.....You don't see average joe doing that

Quote Originally Posted by gahr View Post
    My bench press lags in comparison to my squats/deadlift, I got long arms can never seem to get my arms under the bar comfortably
    A lot of people don't realize that bench pressing is also lats, delts, triceps, and not just your pecs. So, you want to look and see where you're weak. Perhaps you need to work on those areas.

Bionic Redneck, there isn't going to be a linear correlation between pulls and bench. Where are you getting stuck?

Gahr, don't focus on tucking your elbows because you may tuck them to much. I want you to keep your chest high. That will help get your body into position. You can tuck your elbows a bit as you lower the weight and after you touch your sternum you press upward and flare your elbows out.

For me to help I need to know where you're weak. Are you having issues off your chest, halfway up, near the top? That will help paint me a picture of what to target to help you increase your bench.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

my goal is to drop to 12 before i bulk to 285lbs and cut back to 265lbs or as close to 10 percent as i can.... strength goals are 630lbs x 10 and 405lb x 8 on bench.....

idk where id be gettin stuck... i mean as far as shoulders i arnold press 95 x 10 and military press 230 x 10, and i do incline and decline on hammar strength due to the fact i work out alone... i flat db press 140 x 15 so idk ...lol
    Last edited by bionic redneck; 09-04-2013 at 07:16 PM.

my goal is to drop to 12 before i bulk to 285lbs and cut back to 265lbs or as close to 10 percent as i can.... strength goals are 630lbs x 10 and 405lb x 8 on bench.....

idk where id be gettin stuck... i mean as far as shoulders i arnold press 95 x 10 and military press 230 x 10, and i do incline and decline on hammar strength due to the fact i work out alone... i flat db press 140 x 15 so idk ...lol
    You'll want to figure out you're weaknesses so you can attack them to reach your goals. You'll also find that as your numbers increase your weaknesses change so your assisting lifts will change to accomodate that.

I see you're doing a lot of higher rep sets. Are you doing any lower rep, higher weight sets to help overload your CNS and prepare it 1RM attemps? You want to work your CNS as well as your musculature.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

yes ma'am im doing higher reps right now cause im still cutting, as my trainer slowly adds food my rep range will lower.. i have always lifted for power till i started cutting..but i still like to see and have been seeing strength increases.. i pulled my pec last october and have slowly worked my way back up to where i am.. i am not currently doing low rep ranges at the moment though