Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
Every time I flat bench I get hurt, pec, elbow, shoulder............I can incline also as much as I flat bench but it just feels like a more natural movement

Back to topic..I've never tried the Board Press...........guess it works for incline too
In my experience beching with a bodybuilding style is great for getting injured. I suffered from many of the same aches, pains, and problems when I used to bench with a flat back, elbows flared out to my sides, and bringing the bar high on my chest. Tha stresses the shit out of my shoulder girdle and leads to an injury. It wasn't till I started benching with powerlifters that I learned how to bench properly for strength and that actually took care of my aches, pains, and injuries quite a bit.

When you bench you want to tuck those elbows in a bit, bring the bar down to your nipples, and keep an arched back by driving your traps into the bench using your legs. This is why they say bench press is a whole body movement and why it's one of the big 3. If you try benching this way I think some of that pain you're experiencing might go away.

Also, give board presses a chance. I suggest most people stick to a 2 board. It still keeps a pretty big ROM (it's still half of a full ROM) and takes the stress off the shoulders.