Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frijoles Charros

Frijoles Charros

Ok so I told Exphys88 I'd post my moms recipe for this. It's really good, easy to make and you guys will love it. Ok so like most mothers that love to cook my mother always cooks as if she's feeding an army so just adjust the recipe.

What you'll need

1.5 lbs bacon

1 lb hot dogs

1 pack chorizo (Mexican sausage)

1.5 lbs pork ribs

2.5 lbs pinto beans not the canned beans you need the dry beans you scoop yourself

Fresh JalapeƱos cut into small pieces, get however many you want to add

1 large onion chopped

3 tomatoes chopped

4 garlic cloves

Olive oil

Cilantro is used as garnish so get as much as you'll want

Salt add to taste

Chile guajillo minced is used as garnish so get as much as you'll want

How to prepare

You'll need to lay the beans on your table and sift through them to remove any rocks or bad beans

Next soak the beans in water overnight in a covered pot

You will need to cook the pork ribs in boiling water and add the garlic cloves

After boiling the ribs you will brown them on a skillet with the olive oil

Cut the bacon into 1" pieces, cook in a skillet and add half of the chopped onion, the jalapeƱos, and the hot dogs (cut into 1/4" thick circles) and brown them both.

Cook the chorizo in a skillet, if you've never cooked chorizo it's simple just put into a skillet on medium high heat and keep cutting the chorizo in the skillet with your spachula as you would do if you were cooking ground beef, anyway keep cooking the chorizo until its fully browned, drain the grease when you're done.

Drain the beans and add enough new water to cover the beans bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes (note, you may be adding more water depending on how thick you want the end result to be)

Next add in everything you've already prepared as well as the chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil again then simmer for another 5 minutes or until the beans are soft.

Serve and add the garnishing if you'd like

V.I.P.
    Thank u manny I'm going to go to the store now to start preparing and cook tomorrow I'm sure it will never compare to your moms but hopefully I can get close
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Frijoles Charros

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Thank u manny I'm going to go to the store now to start preparing and cook tomorrow I'm sure it will never compare to your moms but hopefully I can get close
    Good deal bro, it's has all you basic food groups, pork pork and more pork lol. It's her exact recipe brother so you should get it just as good as hers. What's funny is that when I asked for it she asked me why but not like a normal why but rather a suspicious why lol I told her and she was like oh ok and started rambling haha.

I noticed when I lived in Mexico they had bacon in the fajita's, (even though I'm not big on pork) I start with bacon and use the bacon fat to cook the chicken and veggies add lime juice etc..people who have them love them...also a place had tacos with grilled pork/pineapple/ and fresh salsa (onion/ tomato/ cilantro/ lime) awesome! I used to go there and blow the guys there mind and eat 25 at a time (mind you they were small)..but still to a 5'5" 140# Mexican man it's alot. I didn't feel short there at all...almost 6'0" and was literally a giant, took my ex ex g/f who was 5'10" and blonde, blue eyes, we got starers everywhere we went...sorry babbling again.
    Last edited by kazman68; 05-06-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    I noticed when I lived in Mexico they had bacon in the fajita's, (even though I'm not big on pork) I start with bacon and use the bacon fat to cook the chicken and veggies add lime juice etc..people who have them love them...also a place had tacos with grilled pork/pineapple/ and fresh salsa (onion/ tomato/ cilantro/ lime) awesome! I used to go there and blow the guys there mind and eat 25 at a time (mind you they were small)..but still to a 5'5" 140# Mexican man it's alot. I didn't feel short there at all...almost 6'0" and was literally a giant, took my ex ex g/f who was 5'10" and blonde, blue eyes, we got starers everywhere we went...sorry babbling again.
    Where'd you live in Mexico Kaz?

I had made several runs to Cancun, back then it was the mother load, all the gear you could buy legally...anyway met a girl and moved down their for a while, I had feel in love with being in a different culture/country, I avoided the tourist areas and lived in the city and became friends with alot of locals, It was a very interesting/learning experience for me, I also love language so it was cool to try and learn another one.

I had made several runs to Cancun, back then it was the mother load, all the gear you could buy legally...anyway met a girl and moved down their for a while, I had feel in love with being in a different culture/country, I avoided the tourist areas and lived in the city and became friends with alot of locals, It was a very interesting/learning experience for me, I also love language so it was cool to try and learn another one.
    That's cool bro. I hope to be able to move there one day and take over both cartels lol but for real I'd love to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    That's cool bro. I hope to be able to move there one day and take over both cartels lol but for real I'd love to live there.
    Beautiful country, beautiful people...was a real learning experience...used to borrow my g/f bug and tool around the town hitting my favorite farmacia and vet clinic..but I partied tot much, met a guy from Australia who's father owned a lot of property there, you can guess what he was into..sniff sniff...

Beautiful country, beautiful people...was a real learning experience...used to borrow my g/f bug and tool around the town hitting my favorite farmacia and vet clinic..but I partied tot much, met a guy from Australia who's father owned a lot of property there, you can guess what he was into..sniff sniff...
    Vet clinic for your rats right? Lol. Yeah I got ya bro, never partied like that myself but I got plenty of guys that fell into it.

hell yeah bro! I was ready for some of this. well, I know what the wife will be making Saturday. Thanks for posting and if your mom could just borrow you her cook book to scan to the forum that would be alright too
    "Look forward-never look back and enjoy every sandwich -Go get em-OD ALPHA ZILLA"