Thread: Cables for arms better than free weight

Cables for arms better than free weight

I don't know about you but I seem to get a better pump using one arm cable curls as opposed to dumbbell s . Maybe it's the constant resistance it offers me. I'm not claiming it to build better muscle but ill throw it in to start out my workout, loosen up and then blast some heavy sets and really isolated movement and it jacks my arms up better compared to days I use other routines.
    I know a lot of guys would disagree but my body doesn't seem to care what type of weight is tearing the muscle as long as it is a constant resistance with no rest top or bottom. That's when I grow and how I succeed! What works for you beasts and vets?

Re: Cables for arms better than free weight

I read Ronnie Coleman did a lot of cable work, one of my favorites is to set a preacer bench up and do cable preachers, very nice movement, a lot of times I will include 1 barbell/1dumbell/1 cable exercise in my bi routine.

I do like cables because it always keeps tension on the muscle

V.I.P.

Re: Cables for arms better than free weight

I get the best results from barbells, straight bar. I have to vary my Bicep work almost every work out too. Hand position, wide, narrow, Dumb bells, bent ez curl bar, cables, rep speed. Its hard to get a pump and with out a pump I dont feel like I got anything from that work out. I know my arms or any body part can grow with out a pump but a pump lets me know what part I hit and maybe it will grow. Its not EZ but thats normal I guess.

I do like cables for constant tension but I prefer other methods. I actually don't do much db work except hammers.

If I could setup the preacher bench with cables like kaz said....now that would be the ticket!!

I prefer the preacher bench. I feel its the mother of bicep growth when used correctly. The shape of the preacher bench also plays a huge role in its effectiveness.

Then after the preacher some cables to stretch fascia followed by peaking work.

Cables have there place for fascia stretching an concentration work. I hardly feel they are the end all be all.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!