Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ketosis Diet

Ketosis Diet

Anyone ever used this diet with any success?

My buddy just did this for 30 days following a bulk cycle and lost tons of fat. He claims he's kept a lot of muscle but he looks really small to me now. I dont in anyway agree with this form of eating.

I'd look into carb cycling over ketosis.

Just because the body can be forced to adapt to a ketosis diet hardly means its ideal or healthy.

Carbs a crucial for many bodily functions.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: Ketosis Diet

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Anyone ever used this diet with any success?
    I have, where most people fail is not getting enough fats..they get paranoid, It works well for me if done right, but I thrive on more protein and fats and less carbs.

Yeah, I like to run CKD from time to time.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    I have, where most people fail is not getting enough fats..they get paranoid, It works well for me if done right, but I thrive on more protein and fats and less carbs.
    I don't know what it is.....I can fill up on steak but I still crave carbs.....maybe I'm not getting enough fat

did you ever try the anabolic diet ...it was low carb 4 days (sub 50 gms) 2 carb days and a no carb day to get back into the swing of low carbs

great for getting your meat cravings and your bread cravings....

but the interesting thing is the day you came off low carbs and moved to carbs...that first carb meal would trigger a major response ... I would sweat like I just ran 3 miles and all I did was eat some bread

I lost fat on it ....not sure if it did anything for stimulating hormones that was promise for muscle gain..
    and have to admit the fact that if you need pizza you could do it on carb day..

funny thing about the diet , after the second day of carbs you were ready for the no carb... however by the second day of low carbs you were ready for some bread and had to wait 3 more days

I feel like absolute shit when I don't eat enough carbs. I do a lot of high intensity cardio and I just can't train well w low carbs.

Carb cycling works best for me. By the 3rd day of low to mod carbs I can barely train, but then I get to fill up on carbs and train hard again.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    I feel like absolute shit when I don't eat enough carbs. I do a lot of high intensity cardio and I just can't train well w low carbs.

Carb cycling works best for me as well. By the 3rd day of low to mod carbs I can barely train, but then I get to fill up on carbs and train hard again.
    I agree with this. With my BJJ and PLing training going on at the same time I usually run a cyclic diet. I cycle carbs, proteins, and fats. When I'm dropping weight I'll run the CKD (keto with a refeed on the weekend).

I'm lucky though, my body doesn't require a lot of carbs to function optimally.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post

Carb cycling works best for me. By the 3rd day of low to mod carbs I can barely train, but then I get to fill up on carbs and train hard again.

IIRC there was a one week low carb to get you into ketosis..and if you never hit that ..it is brutal till it kicks in...
    you feel like crap...tired and I heard of people actually feeling like they had the flu.. it depends how long you been doing larger amounts of carbs.. that was where that diet was good ,,you could feed the addiction ..but you never got totally out of ketosis..
    like I said there was a point after 2 days that you felt like you were done for carbs..

Granted I am a carb-o-holic.. love breads , bagels, pasta, pancakes and any form of cake or pie...
    not so much sugar as flour

also I remember this a long time ago about dieting ... there is a cycle of 4 days , 4 weeks and 4 months
    day 1 ok to pretty good
    day 2 not great but not bad
    day 3 sucks if you are going to break the diet day 3 will be the day
    day 4 is like day 2
    and day 5 is back to same as 1

the daily cycle weakens but day 3 of 4 is always the worse..
    then move to weekly ...and if you do the math the third week has two day 3's (15th +19th) as well ..making it the worst week..

now knowing this can help... next time you diet , count the days before you are ready to give it up...
    and you will be amazed at for it usually the 3rd day of the 4 day cycle ..knowing this can give you a little extra motivation
    know that you weakness is biological ,you can say screw that I am better than that and can make it to tomorrow..

goes for smoking too...
    strange but I never found this again, and I am wondering where I read/heard this ..but for me it seems to be true