Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
IIRC there was a one week low carb to get you into ketosis..and if you never hit that ..it is brutal till it kicks in...
you feel like crap...tired and I heard of people actually feeling like they had the flu.. it depends how long you been doing larger amounts of carbs.. that was where that diet was good ,,you could feed the addiction ..but you never got totally out of ketosis..
like I said there was a point after 2 days that you felt like you were done for carbs..

Granted I am a carb-o-holic.. love breads , bagels, pasta, pancakes and any form of cake or pie...
not so much sugar as flour

also I remember this a long time ago about dieting ... there is a cycle of 4 days , 4 weeks and 4 months
day 1 ok to pretty good
day 2 not great but not bad
day 3 sucks if you are going to break the diet day 3 will be the day
day 4 is like day 2
and day 5 is back to same as 1

the daily cycle weakens but day 3 of 4 is always the worse..
then move to weekly ...and if you do the math the third week has two day 3's (15th +19th) as well ..making it the worst week..

now knowing this can help... next time you diet , count the days before you are ready to give it up...
and you will be amazed at for it usually the 3rd day of the 4 day cycle ..knowing this can give you a little extra motivation
know that you weakness is biological ,you can say screw that I am better than that and can make it to tomorrow..

goes for smoking too...
strange but I never found this again, and I am wondering where I read/heard this ..but for me it seems to be true
I just do too much cardio for ketosis to be able to fuel my workouts.