Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans vote to get rid of 40 work week.

Re: Republicans vote to get rid of 40 work week.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    Oh I'm good lol
    Someone listens.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Someone listens.

Always lol

V.I.P.
    I'm a union carpenter... Without a 40 hour work week and overtime hospitals hotels office buildings pretty much anything would never get built
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been union and non union, they have their place and can be great but at the same I dislike some union members mentality of if it ain't union it aint worth it or its bad quality and will make a big deal if a non union company gets a contract over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    I've been union and non union, they have their place and can be great but at the same I dislike some union members mentality of if it ain't union it aint worth it or its bad quality and will make a big deal if a non union company gets a contract over them.
    You make a great point. It's never black and white. Sometimes unions are needed, sometimes not. They have done amazing things for the working class, and they have sometimes been corrupt, like any other human organization. I've worked for hospitals that treated their workers well and didn't need a union.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

V.I.P.
    I know some non union contractors that do great work... But even he knows he can't put out the production or quality a big union company can. I just like that in the union I make top dollar and great benefits and pension. It would b hard for me to find a non union company to take care o me like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I know some non union contractors that do great work... But even he knows he can't put out the production or quality a big union company can. I just like that in the union I make top dollar and great benefits and pension. It would b hard for me to find a non union company to take care o me like that

Oh I know that unions usually do have good pay and benefits but that's not what I meant.

Speaking of that though, that's 1 of the reasons why unions lose contracts to non union companies because of the high price to cover the large overhead union companies have. When they lose contracts for this reason they make a huge deal and protest outside the worksite saying the job done will be shit.

Another downside of unions is that you have lots of workers that retain their jobs only because of the union and not because they perform adequately. I've seen this first hand at every union shop I've been in.

The US ranks nearly the worst at paid time off compared to other civilized nations.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nations-most-...pares-1153917#
    Credentials:

this is nothing ... look into something called alec and what they were pushing for a "conservative" agenda... if you are a conservative,, well you might be for this group on name alone....and they are counting on it..
    the push legislation at the state level that is basically written by corporations to strip worked of their right... the only place I heard about this was NPR ... yes they are mostly republicans.. and usually freshman that are submitting these bills ...
    if you are conservative....you are for conserving rights ( by definition) so this is in no way conservative...

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/21/138537...ind-the-scenes

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    this is nothing ... look into something called alec and what they were pushing for a "conservative" agenda... if you are a conservative,, well you might be for this group on name alone....and they are counting on it..
    the push legislation at the state level that is basically written by corporations to strip worked of their right... the only place I heard about this was NPR ... yes they are mostly republicans.. and usually freshman that are submitting these bills ...
    if you are conservative....you are for conserving rights ( by definition) so this is in no way conservative...

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/21/138537...ind-the-scenes
    Disgusting how much control corps have! I'd rather have a government where we have the option to vote them out controlling our legislation then a lobbyist who's sole intention is to increase profits. People are scared of government, I'm scared of corporations who have no one to answer to and have more money then some nations.
    Credentials: