Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need career advise.

Need career advise.

I woke up with a shit morning. That changed pretty fast once I got to work. I was pulled into the general managers office with my boss and other chiefs. They want me to be a parts manager at a nearby dealership. it's literally 1 block away from my current job.

I've been at my current job 14 yrs. assistant manager for 6. I'm burnt out where I'm at. We have some idiotic employees I'd fire in a heartbeat. My boss has no balls(literally lol) and won't fire then until they really fuck up.

My boss leveled with me. She isn't leaving for a few yrs yet. So If I stay I'd not advance financially or position wise until she left. So I stay around and have to deal with the fuck ups.

Or I can take this leap. Different car brand. All new to me. More responsibility, more stress. Ppl resenting me for coming right into a manager spot etc.
    I'd make more money to start with more to come.

I admit I'm not good with change. I'm comfy where I'm at. Almost been there half my life.....literally.

What do u guys think? My gut says do it. I could use a fresh new place!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Take the job.It's all about providing for your family.Im sure you could use the extra dollars with another kid on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by NTL View Post
    Take the job.It's all about providing for your family.Im sure you could use the extra dollars with another kid on the way.
    For sure. Baby is coming in 6 weeks (can't wait). My wife works for herself and loves what she does. However it would be great If my income alone was enough for us so she doesn't have to work....but can if she wants.

V.I.P.

Re: Need career advise.

What car brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Layddually2 View Post
    What car brand?
    It's a gmc,Pontiac, Buick store. it's not highline like Im used to. In a way that would be real nice because I'm real sick and tired of talking to the stupidest ppl on earth that somehow can afford a. $100k car lol!

I had a 05 Pontiac gto. I'm familiar with GM power plants. I like vette's and the modern muscle cars out these days.

Re: Need career advise.

FUCK what they think for being hired as a manager from outside their dealership, worry about you and yours.

We all tend to get comfortable in our current situation because its what we've known for x amount of time and we've made friends but you can't stay stagnant and expect to advance so we have to change out environment and readjust. But if you don't want to change everything all at once you can send me the extra cash lol

Absolutely take that job bro!!! Change is a good thing. When life jumps out and gives you an opportunity like this its a mistake not to grab it! Go for it. You'll never regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I woke up with a shit morning. That changed pretty fast once I got to work. I was pulled into the general managers office with my boss and other chiefs. They want me to be a parts manager at a nearby dealership. it's literally 1 block away from my current job.

I've been at my current job 14 yrs. assistant manager for 6. I'm burnt out where I'm at. We have some idiotic employees I'd fire in a heartbeat. My boss has no balls(literally lol) and won't fire then until they really fuck up.

My boss leveled with me. She isn't leaving for a few yrs yet. So If I stay I'd not advance financially or position wise until she left. So I stay around and have to deal with the fuck ups.

Or I can take this leap. Different car brand. All new to me. More responsibility, more stress. Ppl resenting me for coming right into a manager spot etc.
    I'd make more money to start with more to come.

I admit I'm not good with change. I'm comfy where I'm at. Almost been there half my life.....literally.

What do u guys think? My gut says do it. I could use a fresh new place!
    DO IT! If you try it and it doesn't work for you that's not as bad as not trying it and wondering. Besides, you said you're comfy where you are, I know from experience that can lead to stagnation, get out've your comfort zone and lush yourself to something better.

That's my 0.02

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Absolutely take that job bro!!! Change is a good thing. When life jumps out and gives you an opportunity like this its a mistake not to grab it! Go for it. You'll never regret it
    I've been at this a long ass time. Opportunity like this rarely comes along unless someone retires or dies.

Take it. Might be a risk but its an even bigger risk not taking it