Thread: Sugar!!

Sugar!!

Wondering what the consensus is on sugar that comes from fruit? How much is ok or should it be avoided?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Wondering what the consensus is on sugar that comes from fruit? How much is ok or should it be avoided?
    Depends on what u are trying to achieve.

Some fruit like any food can have a higher glycemic index and spike insulin big Time. ESP if u eat that fruit alone with no proteins. For instance if u had eggs for breakfast with fruit on the side that would greatly alter the body's insulin response.

Fruits have many benefits as we all know. Antioxidants etc.

If u are eating 5-6 pieces a day I say worry about it. 2-3....fuck it eat it.

If u are getting ready for a show(weeks out) ok then that's different and everything counts.

The health benefits , regular bowels far out way the cals/sugars in them IMHO. I've been eating more fruit and taking a greens supplement lately. I feel much healthier, vibrant and better all around since doing it.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

There are a few fruits that have a very high glycemic index and some that don't.....

Ones that do
    -pineapple
    -watermelon
    -grapes
    -cant elope

Ones that don't
    -apples
    -grapefruit
    -cherries
    And there is a couple others but I can't think this late at night

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Depends on what u are trying to achieve.

Some fruit like any food can have a higher glycemic index and spike insulin big Time. ESP if u eat that fruit alone with no proteins. For instance if u had eggs for breakfast with fruit on the side that would greatly alter the body's insulin response.

Fruits have many benefits as we all know. Antioxidants etc.

If u are eating 5-6 pieces a day I say worry about it. 2-3....fuck it eat it.

If u are getting ready for a show(weeks out) ok then that's different and everything counts.

The health benefits , regular bowels far out way the cals/sugars in them IMHO. I've been eating more fruit and taking a greens supplement lately. I feel much healthier, vibrant and better all around since doing it.
    This. From a health perspective, fruit is very healthy.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

Re: Sugar!!

Fruits are great and should be consumed. I'm talking about fresh though and not that canned crap you see so many eating.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.