Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New All Time WR 242lbs Class...

Re: New All Time WR 242lbs Class...

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I wouldn't go as far to calling Dan Green the next Ed Coan. Remember Coan won IPF Worlds in 4 different weight classes (185, 198, 220, and 242lbs).

From what I know and have been told Dan Green's weight sits around 250lbs. He could make a push for the 275lbs class but than he'd be going after Stan Efferding's WR of 2320lbs (or something like that). I don't think he could drop down to the 198lbs class. I would like to see Dan Green go after the 275lbs record. If he did that he would certainly cement his place in history b/c few have been able to accomplish such a feat.
    Ok, I jumped the gun your right...I have had a few drinks and may have exaggerated, but anyone moving that kind of weight raw deserves mad respect. I guess I should have said we MAY have a lifter that may approach Coan's caliber. No insult intended Mr.Coan. I did have the privilege of meeting him years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Ok, I jumped the gun your right...I have had a few drinks and may have exaggerated, but anyone moving that kind of weight raw deserves mad respect. I guess I should have said we MAY have a lifter that may approach Coan's caliber. No insult intended Mr.Coan. I did have the privilege of meeting him years ago.
    No worries. And don't get me wrong either, Dan Green has cemented his place in PLing history with 2 WR's in 2 weight classes at the same time.

I'm a bit jealous that you've met Ed Coan. He is definitely someone I'd like to sit down and have a coffee with so I could pick hi brain.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    No worries. And don't get me wrong either, Dan Green has cemented his place in PLing history with 2 WR's in 2 weight classes at the same time.

I'm a bit jealous that you've met Ed Coan. He is definitely someone I'd like to sit down and have a coffee with so I could pick hi brain.
    Didn't really get to talk to him, I saw him at the Arnold when I was working with Roger and Sandy at there display booth. Quick hand shake and the usual your an inspiration etc...

I met both of them this past Arnold. I was in the Cage with them. Sucks Dan was injured and couldnt lift. He is a very humble guy as well. Ed was cool to meet and very nice. He has a huge following and for him to stop and chat for just a minute is bad ass in itself. Dan is already in the books like you said SS, and has a long future ahead of him!