Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you self reflect?

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: How many of you self reflect?

Everyday and at times for hours on end...especially after being laid off of my job of 23 years, kind of makes you think about things and the uncertainties of life...but it does remind you of what is truly important in life and that is your family, kids, wife, and friends...things that are not materialistic or monetary, because in reality like in Oklahoma...it can be taken from you in an instant without warning! I am pretty damn good at beating myself up over things I didn't accomplish that I felt I could have done better, but does it really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by mj_0360 View Post
    I do it a lot when I get really high.
    Lol.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Everyday and at times for hours on end...especially after being laid off of my job of 23 years, kind of makes you think about things and the uncertainties of life...but it does remind you of what is truly important in life and that is your family, kids, wife, and friends...things that are not materialistic or monetary, because in reality like in Oklahoma...it can be taken from you in an instant without warning! I am pretty damn good at beating myself up over things I didn't accomplish that I felt I could have done better, but does it really matter?
    Man bro I swear sometimes I want to get a blood test to see if were are blood brothers. I have a bleeding heart in just about everything I do. I believe it keeps me humble and able to keep mind we are all people who some way or form want to be loved. Some may have been hurt and are now hurting others. I can just about assure you that unless they are mentally challenged would love to be stopped amd given a hug and told how much they are loved.

Sorry for being deep.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

I try to improve myself all the time. I have an issue with holding a grudge when I feel I've been wronged. This yr I've been trying new things and making self improvements both body and mind.

I do learn from the past but try to always keep moving forward!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

This is all we can do bro. We are our worst critics. We have to allow ourselves the ability to keep pushing through regardless of what that small little voice says.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm View Post
    Man bro I swear sometimes I want to get a blood test to see if were are blood brothers. I have a bleeding heart in just about everything I do. I believe it keeps me humble and able to keep mind we are all people who some way or form want to be loved. Some may have been hurt and are now hurting others. I can just about assure you that unless they are mentally challenged would love to be stopped amd given a hug and told how much they are loved.

Sorry for being deep.
    Don't be sorry brother...we are all brothers and sisters, blood or not. We are all connecting here for a reason, and it truly is all about love for your brothers and sisters that we lean on when times are rough, and we need a shoulder to cry, some advice, or reassurance that we are heading in the right direction...bro, we haven't hit the deep end yet .

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm View Post
    This is all we can do bro. We are our worst critics. We have to allow ourselves the ability to keep pushing through regardless of what that small little voice says.
    ...and that little voice can be so fucking critical and convincing at times which is why we need to self reflect. I just seen that movie with Gerrard Buttler "Machine Gun Preacher" and it blew my mind...about Sam Childers who was a biker who turned preacher and defender of African orphans in East Africa, things that some have no idea is going on in the world, and it truly makes you reflect on your own life, family, and how blessed we really are compared to some of the peoples troubles and lives in this world...sorry, still in the aftermath of the movie...it blew me away.

Thank you Chris for this thread bro, I will probably be back here continuously checking in and doing more self reflecting...truly thank you my brother from another mother!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I try to improve myself all the time. I have an issue with holding a grudge when I feel I've been wronged. This yr I've been trying new things and making self improvements both body and mind.

I do learn from the past but try to always keep moving forward!
    Another brother I can very much relate too...damn grudges when we have been wronged, even when it could be a family member. I am learning that expectations create resentments, and we need to let go of our expectations of others as they may never live up to ours of them...love and tolerance is what I am trying to learn...and it is hard!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...out-on-youtube

I'm sorry...this video even made me self reflect tonight...as this just made me go WTF??? Nothing against NJguy at all...but the guy in the video just blew my mind!!! I really did look at myself in the mirror for a minute after watching it.

Damn MA, totally agree with you bro! That is a great movie. My time in Kosovo & Afghanistan really opened my eyes to the atrocities that go on every day all over the world, and just how trivial so many of the things that America as a society. especially media, places such importance on, it's really sickening sometimes. I self reflect daily to remind myself what is really important, and how blessed I am, even though I like to feel sorry for myself and compare myself to people who have more stuff, but in the end it's just that, stuff. And I'm really so very blessed and my needs are met every day.
    And, as you pointed out, expectations create resentments. I learned in an anger management/ptsd class to adjust my expectations, don't expect people to show you the same courtesy/respect as you may show them, and if they have a track record of treating you badly or letting you down, then don't expect them to do otherwise, and they may surprise you, or they may not. But if/when they fail, you don't have a resentment towards them. I'm an alcoholic, and resentments are something I have to be very careful of, cause they are so easy to develop. At the end of the day as long as I can show love and tolerance, like you said, towards my fellow man, then I have given away what has been so freely given to me by others, and my "higher power/God/what ever you want to call it". But, it is SOOOOO VERY DIFFICULT, sometimes! Lol, no body's perfect.
    AND, I did the exact same thing after watching that vid!
    Thanks MA, mad respect!

Quote Originally Posted by SirFatKok View Post
    Damn MA, totally agree with you bro! That is a great movie. My time in Kosovo & Afghanistan really opened my eyes to the atrocities that go on every day all over the world, and just how trivial so many of the things that America as a society. especially media, places such importance on, it's really sickening sometimes. I self reflect daily to remind myself what is really important, and how blessed I am, even though I like to feel sorry for myself and compare myself to people who have more stuff, but in the end it's just that, stuff. And I'm really so very blessed and my needs are met every day.
    And, as you pointed out, expectations create resentments. I learned in an anger management/ptsd class to adjust my expectations, don't expect people to show you the same courtesy/respect as you may show them, and if they have a track record of treating you badly or letting you down, then don't expect them to do otherwise, and they may surprise you, or they may not. But if/when they fail, you don't have a resentment towards them. I'm an alcoholic, and resentments are something I have to be very careful of, cause they are so easy to develop. At the end of the day as long as I can show love and tolerance, like you said, towards my fellow man, then I have given away what has been so freely given to me by others, and my "higher power/God/what ever you want to call it". But, it is SOOOOO VERY DIFFICULT, sometimes! Lol, no body's perfect.
    AND, I did the exact same thing after watching that vid!
    Thanks MA, mad respect!
    Takes a big man to share the intimate part of their lives. However I believe by doing so we can forgive ourselves or others who have caused us hurt or disappointment.