Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit a new low

Re: Hit a new low

iirc he did get a dui not too long ago also. if I'm correct then I believe its time for you to stop
    drinking
    "Look forward-never look back and enjoy every sandwich -Go get em-OD ALPHA ZILLA"

Vicious we all go through the darkness bro. We all have been beaten and bruised up by life. Its really really freaking hard sometimes. One thing that I've always stood by and always will is, everything always has a way of working itself out. Gotta give it time and effort. My suggestion is to drop drinking and see a counselor. Start attacking your problem areas head on. Get some good perspective on why you're making the decisions you are and adopt some tools for the future so no repeats happen. Unless we as people relearn how to go about our issues we stand no chance. Time to take a deep breath and decide for yourself and your family what kind of man you are. I believe you'll overcome this. But you gotta learn how to cope with life.

I've been as low and hurt as anyone I've ever known. Last year my wife dragged me to a counselor to work through some personal deamons. My life hasn't been the same since. Be humble, accept what you've done, forgive yourself, look at your wife and ask for forgiveness and promise her youre on a path to getting healthy. Love ya homes, pm me if you need anything. Been there...

V.I.P.

I quit drinking after my 3rd dui and it has been the best thing I have ever done. Life is better that it has ever been! I slipped once in 2 years so I have back to back years sober, the best that I have ever done. If you ever need to talk shoot me a pm bro, I like to help others quit boozin'.

V.I.P.

Sorry to hear about the bad times. We never know how its gonna turn out until its over. I am like the rest of the people on here I have had bad times too. I got permanent brain damage from two concussions, I got them a few seconds apart. I had bleeding inside my skull and was about to die. At the hospital they did surgery, crainiotomy, and let the extra blood out. They thought I was going to be a vegetable. My wife was making plans with my mom and dad to take care of me. Long story short, some how I came back. I am back at work doing my job, industrial electrician, and I refuse to give up, roll over and play dead. You can do it too! Just put your head down and take it one step at a time, keep moveing forward.

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    Sorry to hear about the bad times. We never know how its gonna turn out until its over. I am like the rest of the people on here I have had bad times too. I got permanent brain damage from two concussions, I got them a few seconds apart. I had bleeding inside my skull and was about to die. At the hospital they did surgery, crainiotomy, and let the extra blood out. They thought I was going to be a vegetable. My wife was making plans with my mom and dad to take care of me. Long story short, some how I came back. I am back at work doing my job, industrial electrician, and I refuse to give up, roll over and play dead. You can do it too! Just put your head down and take it one step at a time, keep moveing forward.
    Damn that sounds like what happened to my brother inlaw with his first accident. Except he wasn't able to hold down a job after ward. He was transferred to rehab from icu today. He is talking but doesn't know who he is or anyone else is. Yesterday he was Juan today he was Carlos, he is white though lol. The sad thing is he doesn't know who his boys are.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with booze................I quit booze 5 years ago

V.I.P.

I had my issues with booze and rec drugs as well. If I had not met my wife I honestly don't believe I would be alive today.

V.I.P.
    I have a lot of demons from my past... What I did last week was extremely selfish and I was only thinking of myself... I'm trying to see this as something that will make my wife and I stronger. I promised her I wouldn't drink anymore and that's a promise I intend to keep... Thank God it didn't end up worse I could have easily killed myself or even worse someone else. It was a very big wake up call and although its making for a tough few years I honestly think it saved my life. I was lost heading down the wrong path and now I now where I'm at and where I need to b. thank u guys for the support
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I have a lot of demons from my past... What I did last week was extremely selfish and I was only thinking of myself... I'm trying to see this as something that will make my wife and I stronger. I promised her I wouldn't drink anymore and that's a promise I intend to keep... Thank God it didn't end up worse I could have easily killed myself or even worse someone else. It was a very big wake up call and although its making for a tough few years I honestly think it saved my life. I was lost heading down the wrong path and now I now where I'm at and where I need to b. thank u guys for the support
    Good attitude brother...hey my wife is at one of her favorite meetings right now, that is what you will want to find...a good support group because well you are going to need it!!! Hit those meetings, find the ones with people you can connect with, and let your wife know that your sobriety needs to come first, then everything else will fall right into place. You will see what I mean as the days go by...love to you brother, but you need to take care of you before you can take care of anyone else.

That's a good attitude to have vicious, we all get lost in the dark sometimes, and the wake up calls can be a rude awakening, but as long as you learn, in the end it can be worked out for the best. I've got almost 2yrs off the bottle and dope, and I'm in a better place than I've been since I was a kid. Hang in there man, one day at a time.