Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on friends husband

That is her biggest fear is that she will get a hardened heart. A friend and her lawyer said you can't play nice you have to be a bitch! I think that was the first time she's ever used a bad word.

Re: Opinions on friends husband

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I'm liking her dad a whole lot!!
    Me too...............if that was my kid I'd have a hard time not taking a baseball bat to his fucking knees

Read the first few pages and honestly he sound like a mo or pedi(and part of a cult like church maybe). Sound like your friend is just a cover wife for looks to his church folk. Even the most reserved Christians I know have sex and like it. They view it as a special bond even though they may be very plain and boring about it.

The fact he washes up afterwards like he disgusted and didn't want it in the first place seems like he isn't into woman or at the least has a mental complex about sex (needs therapy maybe).

But what put him over the top is he shows no value towards the wife and daughter and just the son. Also either a sexual deviant thing or he was raised to show no value to women. But if he was raised like that he would still want sex....any normal straight man will want sex at least some I would think.

All Im saying is this...no matter if he has a dark secret or is just the biggest asshole she is better to leave and start over. And if he acts like that she should easily get majority of custody.

Quote Originally Posted by mondtster View Post
    Read the first few pages and honestly he sound like a mo or pedi(and part of a cult like church maybe). Sound like your friend is just a cover wife for looks to his church folk. Even the most reserved Christians I know have sex and like it. They view it as a special bond even though they may be very plain and boring about it.

The fact he washes up afterwards like he disgusted and didn't want it in the first place seems like he isn't into woman or at the least has a mental complex about sex (needs therapy maybe).

But what put him over the top is he shows no value towards the wife and daughter and just the son. Also either a sexual deviant thing or he was raised to show no value to women. But if he was raised like that he would still want sex....any normal straight man will want sex at least some I would think.

All Im saying is this...no matter if he has a dark secret or is just the biggest asshole she is better to leave and start over. And if he acts like that she should easily get majority of custody.
    Wow you said exactly almost word for word what I told her. She is fully aware of it now. Very embarrassed ,sad,at how she didn't really see it. She didn't know how a man was supposed to act or love or anything. She dated very little thru college and was a virgin at 22 when they married.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Wow you said exactly almost word for word what I told her. She is fully aware of it now. Very embarrassed ,sad,at how she didn't really see it. She didn't know how a man was supposed to act or love or anything. She dated very little thru college and was a virgin at 22 when they married.
    Sometimes it takes big mistakes to learn life lessons. She has two kids I imagine she loves to death so she should feel grateful for that and move on. I've worked with some guys and met others who said it took a bad marriage to realize that they or the woman was the problem amd something needed to change. Some stayed together for years for the kids. All are remarried and are 100% better feeling about life because they knew what to look for in a woman and how to treat her. She should take her time and find her a good normal, Christian man who will treat her right. Stay away from the nutty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mondtster View Post
    Sometimes it takes big mistakes to learn life lessons. She has two kids I imagine she loves to death so she should feel grateful for that and move on. I've worked with some guys and met others who said it took a bad marriage to realize that they or the woman was the problem amd something needed to change. Some stayed together for years for the kids. All are remarried and are 100% better feeling about life because they knew what to look for in a woman and how to treat her. She should take her time and find her a good normal, Christian man who will treat her right. Stay away from the nutty ones.
    great point. some life lessons stink. when anyone goes through something like this, the positive, if theres a positive is a bunch of red flags go up and that can help weed out the nut-jobs for the next go around.

These stories are always sad to hear. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and this guy is far from a follow and especially a shepherd of any sort. There again man interprets the bible the way HE wants to and goes onto a completely fallacies path that ends with destroying many peoples lives and chance to really get to know who Christ is. He is the skinny for me, if it's in the bible don't try and translate it to benefit you, just follow guidelines, if you don't like it doesn't mean you change it, let it change you and lastly never act perfect as there are always plenty of fault rocks to keep you coming to your knees.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Here's the latest. Now remember the church was 100% behind him. They even tried interventions on her to get her to go back to him. They even hired a helper so he could take time off to be with his kids( which he never did before the divorce) he told her the head Pastor demoted him and cut his pay by $19k a year. The job description he is now doing doesn't even exist. They made up a job. Now she doesn't know if this is a scam to lower his income so he pays less alimony or child support. I think if the church demoted him they would have fired him first.

On top of a mountain. In the middle of nowhere

Chris u are spot on bro. I believe like u.

On top of a mountain. In the middle of nowhere

Don't sound like a church to me. Sounds more like a cult. Glad I don't go to that place.