Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to squats

V.I.P.

Alternative to squats

Found out today I have some blown disc in spine. Dr said no more squats or DL what camisole as alternatives.

V.I.P.

Re: Alternative to squats

Ugh...I hate squats.......just sayi g

V.I.P.

I always hated the way they made my back feel now I know why.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Leg Press which will support your back, Hack Squat, Lunges...just take care on the back. Do you or will you be seeing a chiropractor from here on out? Would also recommend acupuncture and massages, try some sort of rehabilitation along the way. Core exercises to tighten abs and help strengthen the muscles around your spine.

I would do leg press and hacks. Your back will be supported from these 2 movements. To strengthen your back you should look into doing reverse hypers. They will decompress your lower back while strengthening it.\

If your back was always hurting you than your form was off more than likely.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.

My back hurts even when not working out but my spine right where they said my disc are toast is where it hurt when squating. I hurt it 15 yrs ago but never had it looked at. Back when I worked in a rock quarry. I had to unload some 2" x24"x12" granite. Of course I was trying to play hero and would pick them up and twist then set them on conveyor. I did over 500 that day about an hour before quiting my back took a shit and has never been the same. In case your wonder each of those pieces weigh roughly 100+lbs.

Everyone has pretty much nailed what needs to be said. Now that you do know is time to take care of yourself better brother.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

V.I.P.

You could try a super squat hip belt. You can buy one at ironmind.com. It is similar to a dip belt with a pin at the end that you can add plates to. You would place two cinder blocks about shoulder width apart. Stand on the blocks with the weight located between the blocks and do your squats from there. With the hip belt, there is no compression of the spine. An alternative to consider.

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpvtx View Post
    You could try a super squat hip belt. You can buy one at ironmind.com. It is similar to a dip belt with a pin at the end that you can add plates to. You would place two cinder blocks about shoulder width apart. Stand on the blocks with the weight located between the blocks and do your squats from there. With the hip belt, there is no compression of the spine. An alternative to consider.
    I like this idea

Fuck. I blew out my back on Tuesday after seeing that Sister Steel can whip my ass in the squat rack and dead lifts. And fuck I guess in real life also since she's a champion now. Shit. I need the same ideas. Dr just told me my squatting and heavy dead lift days are over. Sitting in recliner now can't walk. Going for MRI at 2:30. Shit. I thought I was a bad ass. Looked at Sisters post. Said fuck I will do that.. Wrong. Hoping I didn't really fuck something up. But it's all in the game.