Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traps

Re: Traps

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I'm a big fan of Olympic assisting lifts, ie. snatch high pulls, snatch pulls, clean pulls, and clean high pulls. Perform them from blocks or from the hang. They'll make your traps enormous.
    Those guys did them mainly from the hang.......big weights too

One thing about Olympic lifters........ALL of the have big ass traps coming out from under their ears.......and huge quads

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I'm a big fan of Olympic assisting lifts, ie. snatch high pulls, snatch pulls, clean pulls, and clean high pulls. Perform them from blocks or from the hang. They'll make your traps enormous.
    This is true I did all those in my routines for sports from 15 till mid 20's but the only thing I keept were the deads

No Direct Trap work ever.
    LOL

TUT from DLs

my gym has what amounts to a shrug machine .. the arms stay shoulder length apart ..the hands are like you are using dumbbells (wrists are straight) .the great thing is the machine can hold a boat load of weight... it has different hand position so you can do it seated as well , which hits the traps at a different angle.. It is actually amazing they have this thing , my gym doesn't have a lot of specific muscle machines .. First time I used it , my traps were sore for a week.. it was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by dust06 View Post
    This is true I did all those in my routines for sports from 15 till mid 20's but the only thing I keept were the deads
    You should put them back in. I'm not a fan of people performing the classical lifts (snatch and clean & jerk) unless they can get proper coaching. The assisting lifts are much easier to learn and perform. They also have a lower risk of injury.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I like high pulls from a hang but I also love doing shrugs. For me its like instant gratification. And of course deads are always in there. Thats just meat and potatoes.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AgentYes View Post
    No Direct Trap work ever.
    LOL

TUT from DLs
    what can I say my traps get very little direct work( shrugs etc.) and still thick would post a pic but don't know how lol

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    I like high pulls from a hang but I also love doing shrugs. For me its like instant gratification. And of course deads are always in there. Thats just meat and potatoes.
    That's right.... bread and butter exercises. The staples that everyone should do.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    my gym has what amounts to a shrug machine .. the arms stay shoulder length apart ..the hands are like you are using dumbbells (wrists are straight) .the great thing is the machine can hold a boat load of weight... it has different hand position so you can do it seated as well , which hits the traps at a different angle.. It is actually amazing they have this thing , my gym doesn't have a lot of specific muscle machines .. First time I used it , my traps were sore for a week.. it was awesome

I LOVE that machine... my traps are sore for days. Since I don't deadlift very heavy these days... its a great alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I've tried it a few times. Seems to wide for my smaller body frame. Behind the back smith works far better for me.
    I do like how u can load the piss out of that machine safely though. Just made for normal heigh guys lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!