Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body Building vs Power Lifting

Re: Body Building vs Power Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    Whats the difference between the two? Can I do both? Is it safe to try and do both?

Whats your opinion? I know what I think but maybe I can get a bunch of new Ideas. Maybe we can help someone prevent an injury here.
    The textbook answer is this.....

Bodybuilding is about aesthetics, lines, symmetry, proper proportion, and of course hypertrophy. You want to become as big as possible while maintaining everything in proper proportion and symmetry.

Powerlifting is about one thing... lifting the heaviest weights. At the end of the day all that matters is how much you lift properly. It's not about how you look, if your calves are in proper proportion with your biceps. None of that matters.

Can you do, of course. Many do both to a degree. They'll perform their PLing movement in the beginning performing sets and reps which will help them become the strongest version of themselves. After, they'll perform lifts for hypertrophy because many believe if you have a larger muscle it's easier to handle a heavier load. The weight is distributed over a larger area (bigger muscle) making it easier to perform the lift.

Many of the top Elite Powerlifters look like Bodybuilders. Just look at Sam Byrd or Dan Green.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    I love PL but now that I'm older I tend to get injured more lifting triples and singles......I fucking hates reps but that and clean eating are better for me.......but back to the question yes you can do both.....didn't SS post some power lifter that was strong and cut too?
    Yes, I did. His name is Dan Green. There are many many more out there. The idea that powerlifters are fat slobs who eat anything is a thing of the past. Look at Justin Harris (a good friend of mine), Mark Bell, Dan Green, Sam Bryd, and those are just a few.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Yes, I did. His name is Dan Green. There are many many more out there. The idea that powerlifters are fat slobs who eat anything is a thing of the past. Look at Justin Harris (a good friend of mine), Mark Bell, Dan Green, Sam Bryd, and those are just a few.
    Justin Harris has absolutely amazing delts...insane body. That's what I'd go for right there

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Justin Harris has absolutely amazing delts...insane body. That's what I'd go for right there
    He definitely has an amazing look. He was sponsored by Optimum Nutrition back when he was competing in bodybuilding. He was in a few ads of their's.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Attachment 1482

Attachment 1483

Attachment 1484

Powerlifters Kazmaier, Estep and Kroc all pretty good physique
    Where is Pujanowski? I thought he had the best physique of power lifters, plus he had the speed and endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    The textbook answer is this.....

Bodybuilding is about aesthetics, lines, symmetry, proper proportion, and of course hypertrophy. You want to become as big as possible while maintaining everything in proper proportion and symmetry.

Powerlifting is about one thing... lifting the heaviest weights. At the end of the day all that matters is how much you lift properly. It's not about how you look, if your calves are in proper proportion with your biceps. None of that matters.

Can you do, of course. Many do both to a degree. They'll perform their PLing movement in the beginning performing sets and reps which will help them become the strongest version of themselves. After, they'll perform lifts for hypertrophy because many believe if you have a larger muscle it's easier to handle a heavier load. The weight is distributed over a larger area (bigger muscle) making it easier to perform the lift.

Many of the top Elite Powerlifters look like Bodybuilders. Just look at Sam Byrd or Dan Green.
    Would be cool if we could all train at the same gym, the MC Gym with all this extensive knowledge on every aspect of this lifestyle...from me to you Sis, I have so much admiration and respect for you girl...you are one of THE biggest assets to this forum. Hope training is going well as always!!!

MA

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Where is Pujanowski? I thought he had the best physique of power lifters, plus he had the speed and endurance.
    power.jpgI posted a pic of Pujanowski but here it is again not to mention he is also a mma fighter imagine getting punched in the face by him

Quote Originally Posted by dust06 View Post
    power.jpgI posted a pic of Pujanowski but here it is again not to mention he is also a mma fighter imagine getting punched in the face by him
    Yeah...he was fun to watch!!! I wouldn't want to get in the cage with him...no thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darlin'Nikki View Post
    Yeah...he was fun to watch!!! I wouldn't want to get in the cage with him...no thanks!!!
    LMAO...oops!!! Posted this under my wifes screen name lol!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Would be cool if we could all train at the same gym, the MC Gym with all this extensive knowledge on every aspect of this lifestyle...from me to you Sis, I have so much admiration and respect for you girl...you are one of THE biggest assets to this forum. Hope training is going well as always!!!

MA
    That would be awesome