Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long are you in the gym???...

How long are you in the gym???...

How long does your training session typically take? Do you worry about being in the gym for over an hour? Do you adhere to the broscience of 45min or less?

Let's hear it. I'll go first.

First things first, I don't adhere to the idea that you have to be in and out in under an hour. I'm in there to do battle with the iron and it usually takes me over an hour. I don't rush my heavy days and I've been known to take 1hour 45min when I'm going after it. As long as my numbers keep inproving and I keep looking sexy as hell I'm happy. I don't sit around and chit chat but I train with 2 other people so it takes time.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: How long are you in the gym???...

Agree...I play it by feel, although this morning was 50 minutes but the wife and I accomplished 32 sets in that time...talk about volume training! Usually anywhere between 1-1 1/2 hours depending. Zeds leg routine takes some time that is for sure!!!

Katelly

About an 1 hr and a half

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Agree...I play it by feel, although this morning was 50 minutes but the wife and I accomplished 32 sets in that time...talk about volume training! Usually anywhere between 1-1 1/2 hours depending. Zeds leg routine takes some time that is for sure!!!
    My last squat day was made up of back squats, front squats, and Anderson squats. I'm still recoverying from Sunday.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Used to be 45 mins...I'm more about 60-75mins now. Taking my time during my real heavy lifts. Like sis says...if my #'s are increasing every week then that's my indicator!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    My last squat day was made up of back squats, front squats, and Anderson squats. I'm still recoverying from Sunday.
    Nice!!! Zeds is Squats (power/front/hack)..5 second down/up, 7x7...then Leg Press...10 second down/up, 7x7. A set of presses takes 2:40 to perform. Pretty brutal...this is an 8 week program. I think he is trying to get my legs to grow...the wife's too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Used to be 45 mins...I'm more about 60-75mins now. Taking my time during my real heavy lifts. Like sis says...if my #'s are increasing every week then that's my indicator!
    This exactly!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Minimum hour lifting in the morning. And 30 Min of HITT cardio in the evening.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

So 20 min warm up.
    At least 1 hour or more on weights.
    20 mins stairs or abs. Depending on the day.
    So min 1 hour 45 mins. No bullshitting around.

Depends......if I have time 90mins, but most days lately 60 mins