Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: protein powders

Re: protein powders

Quote Originally Posted by sensitivenips View Post
    thank you captain obvious.

anybody in here wanting protein information to replace their solid foods source?
    Not everyone on this board is experienced, people are learning. Someone reading the muscles magazines and searching thru forums could just see all the hype on protein powders and think they need to down 4 shakes a day, juice up and their muscles will explode.

Food is the #1 most important thing in getting bigger and stronger. That point needs to be made when theres a conversation going on that's slanted towards powder. Powder isnt gonna get anyone jacked no matter how much aas someone is taking.

Keep your honor on man, no need to be sarcastic towards a valid point and foundational info.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovy View Post
    Not everyone on this board is experienced, people are learning. Someone reading the muscles magazines and searching thru forums could just see all the hype on protein powders and think they need to down 4 shakes a day, juice up and their muscles will explode.

Food is the #1 most important thing in getting bigger and stronger. That point needs to be made when theres a conversation going on that's slanted towards powder. Powder isnt gonna get anyone jacked no matter how much aas someone is taking.

Keep your honor on man, no need to be sarcastic towards a valid point and foundational info.
    you seem like a good dude.

whenever i come across a discussion regarding protein powder someone always chimes in with that typical response "whole foods/solid foods should be the main source not protein powder" coupled with having a bad day, i just kind of let this newly found pet peeve be expressed through my fingers.

dont take my response personally g, it was more on my end.

valid point agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by sensitivenips View Post
    you seem like a good dude.

whenever i come across a discussion regarding protein powder someone always chimes in with that typical response "whole foods/solid foods should be the main source not protein powder" coupled with having a bad day, i just kind of let this newly found pet peeve be expressed through my fingers.

dont take my response personally g, it was more on my end.

valid point agreed.

Totally understand man. I def wasnt trying to be "that guy".

I personally have gotten caught up in the whole supplements/powder craze and lost time in the gym and money because of it. And I've seen lots of guys get caught up in that.

Thanks for the honor bro!!

V.I.P.

Thats very true with all supplements. They are just that, Things that you add to your diet to hit your desired Macros. Truthfully I use my protein for two reasons. Number one so I can get enough protein that day without eating a zillion calories and because I love chocolate and cant eat a chocolate cake. When I choose a brand to buy I always choose one that supplies what I need. Fast digesting for after work outs and slow digesting with several sources for the before sleep shake.

gonna throw this out there. 5 star walmart protein. not that bad in comparison to some.
    36 gram scoop. 30 grams protein. minimal sugars, and vitamins and other goodies included. when you break down the price, it almost breaks even with top quality ones like intek evolution. so if your in a pinch and need something quick till pay day. this is a good option.

I know my reply is going to seem biased, but I promise it's not.

I don't know how many use or have used any products from SAN Nutrition. I have been faithful to them for over a year and a half now. I love their products. I believe in them so much that I started my own side business (online supplement store) where I sell nothing but SAN product at this time.

I have converted faithful ON users. The prices are not cheap, but you honestly get what you pay for. Very little fillers and top quality ingredients.

Check out their Titanium Whey line...great taste, mixes EASY and does the job!

Quote Originally Posted by Too Small View Post
    I know my reply is going to seem biased, but I promise it's not.

I don't know how many use or have used any products from SAN Nutrition. I have been faithful to them for over a year and a half now. I love their products. I believe in them so much that I started my own side business (online supplement store) where I sell nothing but SAN product at this time.

I have converted faithful ON users. The prices are not cheap, but you honestly get what you pay for. Very little fillers and top quality ingredients.

Check out their Titanium Whey line...great taste, mixes EASY and does the job!
    Do they make and egg or beef isolate protein? I don't do dairy.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Do they make and egg or beef isolate protein? I don't do dairy.
    No they don't. However, they do have a "plant protein". Not sure if that would be something you would be interested in. It's call Raw Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Small View Post
    No they don't. However, they do have a "plant protein". Not sure if that would be something you would be interested in. It's call Raw Fusion.
    No thanks. Pathetic amino load.
    Ill stick with what I have. My chickens are laying almost 1 dozen eggs a day.... Plenty of amino dense organic protein around lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Ok so how many shakes per day do you guyz use,? Ill go first, 2 shakes per day. Whey protein. To slow down absorbtion I add in a big ol heaping tablespoon of natty PB.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford