Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you train by yourself or with others?

Re: Do you train by yourself or with others?

I know you were bro. Just saying, drill sergeant wife in the gym is out of the question for me.

Agreed. Your wife is the furthest thing from that.

I solo it, everyonce in a while a friend will wanna "get back in shape" and train with me but usually only lasts a week or 2. I like soloing though. Kind of a form of meditation Its peaceful for me. But I do hate having to ask a random person to spot me in my heavier sets.

I'm a loner. I like being by myself, no distractions.

I train with my girl. She is a great w/o partner. She knows I liked to be pushed and does her job well.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Here's another question for those who train solo.... What do you do when you try for a PR bench or squat? Are you concerned with hitting 1RM or 3RM PR's for those lifts?
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Alone. I'm a lone wolf in the gym. I don't talk, look up etc... headphones in, look in the mirror and ask the dog is today your day or you gonna keep wasting time in the mirror?
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

V.I.P.

I train solo. I have for many years. I would train with a partner if they would be there most of the time and try and keep up with me. Sometimes I see people I know from the real world in the gym and I always offer to help them. Its always the same thing, they complain that they got sore and that I pushed them to hard. lol, really I didnt push them as hard as I push myself. Sometimes I do try and add weight but I always try and use a rack or other safty device so I can go to failure and be alright. Getting a spotter isnt really an option for me, they never get it right and then act like Im being bad if I try and tell them how to do it.

So I train solo and use the power rack, smith machine and dumbbells a lot so I will be ok after I fail.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Here's another question for those who train solo.... What do you do when you try for a PR bench or squat? Are you concerned with hitting 1RM or 3RM PR's for those lifts?
    train solo, most dudes i have trained with in the past like to chit chat, and that shit pisses me off. i dont feel like spending 3 hours in the gym, i just want to get in and get out.

as far as pr's all the motivation i need comes from within, nobody is going to get me amped better than myself. my gym is pretty big, so its easy to grab someone for a spot, and if this someone doesnt look like they know how to spot then i tell them what to expect and exactly what i want out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I rarely if ever try for 1rm etc. when I really wanna push on bench I find a spotter or I'll use a smith machine. I prefer the bench with a good spotter though.

I get what u are saying....and I totally agree. If u really wanna go for broke...u need a good partner/spot.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!