Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to grow biceps???

Best way to grow biceps???

Having a hard time growing my biceps. Looking for some helpfully info

Thanks in advance!

Re: Best way to grow biceps anyone

Probably should have put this under the fitness and exercise part of the forum. wish i could answer this but mine are not the largest by any means. Now tri's, traps, delts and lats. thats another.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: Best way to grow biceps???

Took care of moving it for you brother! What are you currently doing for biceps now? How often do you train them??

Without knowing your routine my advice would be to train them twice a week for 4 weeks.12 sets each session and train then by themselves.( if you can).
    Another tip is is your training back and biceps together and chest and triceps together then switch to chest and biceps because by the time your done with back your biceps are already beat down and you can over train them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Without knowing your routine my advice would be to train them twice a week for 4 weeks.12 sets each session and train then by themselves.( if you can).
    Another tip is is your training back and biceps together and chest and triceps together then switch to chest and biceps because by the time your done with back your biceps are already beat down and you can over train them.
    Fit is a veteran and has solid advise here as always.
    I will never understand why guys do chest and triceps same day! If I do chest 1st my tricep routine sucks and vice versa.

I personally prefer chest and biceps.

I personally feel the preacher curl bench like Larry Scott is the mother of all bicep exercises. However the shape of the bench makes or breaks it. Needs to have some curve to the bench to be ideal. Also be sure go to rock bottom and I mean the fucking bottom on each rep. I see so many guys do this half rep bullshit. Sure if I'm curling 130 then I won't go to rock bottom. Otherwise rock god damn bottom!

I'd say start with 3-4 sets of preacher curls. 3-4 sets of incline bench hammer curls. Finish with a brachialis or bicep peaking move like concentration db curls, spider curls etc.

This should get ya started then we can ramp it up for ya.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Old fashioned curling with a barbell seems to make my arms grow like nothing else. Strict form with maybe some slight cheating (swinging) on the last couple reps. Also dumbell curls down the rack works for me... Say you start curling with 50lb dumbells doing 12 reps, rest 10 seconds, 12 reps with 30's, 12 reps with 20's... etc ... you can adjust what works for you, but it's a good pump.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Alright...this is one of my favorite bicep workouts:

Preacher Curls...exactly how Ironguruera explains them above 4 sets
    Seated Barbell Curls...bar lowered down to your lap and then curl up, forearms go no lower than parallel to floor...4 sets
    DB Hammer Curls...heavy as you can go, squeeze the hell out of bicep at top...4 sets

12 sets is all you need for biceps, also cable work on other days to help work the peak...but we will get to those later.

Everyone has great advice above, this is just one of my favorite bicep workouts that taxes the hell out of them.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

For thickness and size barbell curls always seemed to work for me, add in some cheats maybe last set and last couple reps.

Also I found that some sort of cable curl at a high rep grew them.

DB curls seemed to do more for shape than size tho.

Also, EAT TONS. Nothing grows arms more than adding the calories along with the training. If you train hard but arent upping your calories I'm not sure if your arms will really grow that much.

I can't say a ton cause I dont have the best bi's by a long shot but.....I have found that you have to make sure you are hitting the long head of the bi hard. This is best done by using straight bars.. no EZ curl bars.

my 0.02

Here's the real key. Pull with your biceps. By that I mean don't use so much weight that shoulders and body language get in the way.swallow your ego and use just enough weight to just use biceps alone. And SQUEEZE!