Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Equipmant

V.I.P.

New Equipmant

Do you use any special personal equipment when you power lift?
    Since being here and reading some of Sister Steels posts I have added a Power Lifting Belt (there is a difference) and Knee wraps. The belt helps me keep my back straight and protects my lower back, the wraps protects my knees and is kinda springy at the bottom of a squat or dead lift. There is a learning curve that goes with using this equipment also.

V.I.P.

Re: New Equipmant

I thought for sure Id get a lot of responses about weight lifting equipment. I guess not. I carry a lot of equipment with me to the gym including a small set of tools, Allen wrenches, crescent wrench, a pair of channel locks, a universal screw driver and some electrical tape. I cant count the times I have had to tighten up a set of dumbbells or the collars on an Olympic bar. Anyone else do that?

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I thought for sure Id get a lot of responses about weight lifting equipment. I guess not. I carry a lot of equipment with me to the gym including a small set of tools, Allen wrenches, crescent wrench, a pair of channel locks, a universal screw driver and some electrical tape. I cant count the times I have had to tighten up a set of dumbbells or the collars on an Olympic bar. Anyone else do that?
    Hahahaha u are my hero! No I just get a case of the hulks and throw said fucking equipment on the floor and cuss and walk away
    I was seeing a girl who loved my
    temper....I'm trying to subdue it again lol.
    The new gym I'm using has some non labeled bars made up. One is loose. It's a fun guessing game. I'm going to get a liquid marker and label them one day soon. Drives me crazy. Most db and bb u can twist each end and tighten them up.....

I keep it simple bro. Towel, back belt, wrist support shiek straps.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I used too at my old gym, so far so good at the new one...just now dealing with people with no gym etiquette and leaving shit on equipment and bars loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Hahahaha u are my hero! No I just get a case of the hulks and throw said fucking equipment on the floor and cuss and walk away
    I was seeing a girl who loved my
    temper....I'm trying to subdue it again lol.
    The new gym I'm using has some non labeled bars made up. One is loose. It's a fun guessing game. I'm going to get a liquid marker and label them one day soon. Drives me crazy. Most db and bb u can twist each end and tighten them up.....

I keep it simple bro. Towel, back belt, wrist support shiek straps.
    Same here...belt, Inzer wrist wraps, knee wraps, Shiek lifting straps and elbow compression sleeves. Wife has all the same except for no wrist or knee wraps...she has the Shiek belt, lifting straps, and compression sleeves for her elbows too. Also cute pink & black lifting gloves .
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Red I followed your lead. I brought some grip tape into the gym and revamped the calve raise machine lol. Way better now!
    I laughed when I picked up that one shitty bar and said where is red when u need him?!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    I used too at my old gym, so far so good at the new one...just now dealing with people with no gym etiquette and leaving shit on equipment and bars loaded.

Same here...belt, Inzer wrist wraps, knee wraps, Shiek lifting straps and elbow compression sleeves. Wife has all the same except for no wrist or knee wraps...she has the Shiek belt, lifting straps, and compression sleeves for her elbows too. Also cute pink & black lifting gloves .
    Where do you get your elbow sleeves?

I have some Inzers sleeves that are pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Where do you get your elbow sleeves?

I have some Inzers sleeves that are pretty good
    https://www.schiek.com/supports.html

The elbow sleeves work well for me on pressing movements...remove them for back or biceps, hinder range of motion for me.

V.I.P.

All it takes is getting your hand pinched one time, by loose plates, and I just decided that was once to often. I also got tired of trying to find a set of locking collars that weren't being used so I purchased these
    http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/294647
    The new power lifting belt
    http://www.liftinglarge.com/Longhorn-Powerlifting-Belt
    and some knee wraps
    http://www.liftinglarge.com/Titanium...ing-Knee-Wraps
    I lift alone so I have to depend on me. I put my toys away when Im finished and I have all the accessories I need. If I need something else I will go and buy it. If the equipment, I need, isnt right I will fix it, within reason of course. If I have time I also put the equipment back like I found it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    https://www.schiek.com/supports.html

The elbow sleeves work well for me on pressing movements...remove them for back or biceps, hinder range of motion for me.
    Model 1136 ES Elbow Sleeve? Are they pretty easy to get on.........some of those are a bitch to get in place..........and yea only pressing movements

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Model 1136 ES Elbow Sleeve? Are they pretty easy to get on.........some of those are a bitch to get in place..........and yea only pressing movements
    When skin is dry no problem...if sweaty then it is a tug-o-war to get it on yes lol.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!