Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Equipmant

Wrist brace, belt, and chalk! Lots and lots of chalk lol

My favorite sleeves are out of EliteFTS.com. They have some pretty solid gear. A bit pricey but if you sign up for email alerts they have discounts on the reg.

2 belts... 10mm 13mm single prong and double
    Straps... Fucking way to many
    Sleeves... Knees and elbows
    MOUTHGUARD!... Yes you read it. There are a lot of upsides to using them and its not JUST the saving of your teeth.
    Equipment of all sorts... Chains, resistance bands, magnetic weights, clamps, boards, chalk of course, shoes (2 different pairs; flat and "running"), etc etc ... Ultimately to much

V.I.P.

Re: New Equipmant

I have read that a mouth guard will increase your lifting power and cause your body to produce more hormones. I would get one if it increased your lifting power alone, does it do that for you?

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    Do you use any special personal equipment when you power lift?
    Since being here and reading some of Sister Steels posts I have added a Power Lifting Belt (there is a difference) and Knee wraps. The belt helps me keep my back straight and protects my lower back, the wraps protects my knees and is kinda springy at the bottom of a squat or dead lift. There is a learning curve that goes with using this equipment also.
    Yes. I used Titan THP knee wraps as well as a single prong powerlifting belt. You're right there is a BIG difference when it comes to belts. There is also a BIG difference with knee wraps.

There is A LOT of technique when it comes to wrapping your knees and also different wraps work differently. Some are more cast like and some give more spring out of the hole.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Absolutely!

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few ppls you know.

It's hilarious when ppl approach you or laugh behind your back about it. I almost ripped someone's head off for talking shit but with my older age I find its not worth it.

I digress.

Read this .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22290521

I wear a mouth piece when I workout. Clench to hard when I lift heavy its becoming a trend at my gym. considering the local dentist works out there and he lets people know the benefits of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lujannoe View Post
    I wear a mouth piece when I workout. Clench to hard when I lift heavy its becoming a trend at my gym. considering the local dentist works out there and he lets people know the benefits of it.
    Nice benefits for saving your teeth but there is SO MUCH more you get out of it.

Cliff notes on the reading above...
    "mouth guard improves performance of upper-body loaded power exercises in both men and women and lower body power exercise in men without compromising performance on any other performance parameters."

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I have read that a mouth guard will increase your lifting power and cause your body to produce more hormones. I would get one if it increased your lifting power alone, does it do that for you?
    A lot of powerlifters myself included used them back in the 80s 90s
    Last edited by Encino_Mang; 09-05-2013 at 01:16 AM.

If anyone is looking for good neoprene elbow sleeves I'd suggest wearing Rheband. They're a bit on the pricey side but they last forever. You can find them at Jackals Gym (online). If you want a single ply elbow or knee sleeve I suggest getting them from EliteFTS. They'll provide a bit more support than the neoprene but they won't warm up the area so you'll want to use a topical analgesic to help heat the area.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I just started using the titan knee and elbow sleeves and I love them. Besides that I have a pair of addidas oly shoes, chucks, slingshot, slingshot wrist wraps, forever belt and my titan singlet.