Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Empty stomach or no?

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    So Lets say Im a beginer. (IM Not but just to make a point). How do I know what to do? First and usually best is to realize that we are all different. If you have read all the posts on this thread you can see we all have different Ideas. So try and find someone that you know who has a similar body type and is getting good results. Ask them all the questions that you can and try what they recomend. After awhile you will run across one or two people that do their cardio in a way that works for you. (This also works for their weight training program)
    No two people are exactly alike, even twins (I have a set of twin boys). So If you read about a study done in China and they got "X" results well the the Chineese can follow that same protacol and get "X" results but a Hispanic might get completely different results doing the same thing. Its been my experience that you will just have to try and find someone similar to yourself and try what they do, Keep good notes and see what happens.
    The point is this, even with scientific data to back up a certin protacol you will still have to try everything, keep good notes, to find the program that works. Oh and if that isnt bad enough mother nature likes to make things harder by keeping your body in a constant state of change. So what worked great last year probably wont do squat this year. Good Luck.
    You will hear every possible answer to this. Ultimately I cardio fasted am be cause I believe in bro science, but never train fasted because that's what my first coach taught me. Really do why feels best. FYI Sumo wrestlers do fasted a.m. cardio every day. Deterrent or incentive? That's your call lol
    Last edited by AgentYes; 12-06-2012 at 04:56 AM.

V.I.P.

Re: Empty stomach or no?

I simply cannot run on a full stomache.

Its not right to run with empty stomach. You should feed your body with little carbs as your body need energy in running. Running empty stomach will cause lack of glucose and that could be bad for you as you can suffer from weakness, dizziness. So run and keep your self fueled enough to run for long.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike88 View Post
    I simply cannot run on a full stomache.
    I don't like to run period, lol.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I say go walk at a 15% incline for 45 minutes. F... Running its too hard on my knees and such.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I don't like to run period, lol.
    Me neither. Unfortunately the Army says I have too.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Do it without having food but some shake or juice is good for you i mean that is something which can actually help you in burning fast and making yourself look good in terms of shape.
    You should definitely go for it.

V.I.P.

Here are a couple of links to some studies that support cardio exercise before breakfast:

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/he...t-extra-pounds

http://www.exercisemed.org/research-...breakfast.html

I really think its a matter of personal preference but in my own experience I have lost more body fat by getting up early, running a HIIT program before breakfast.

V.I.P.

I forgot to add that I keep my cardio session and my weight lifting sessions as far apart from each other as possible! I also do my abb work immediately after my cardio session. The reason is that I dont want my exercise session to last to long because that will cause a problem with my session becoming catabolic. My abb work is in with the cardio session because the area around my belly button doesnt need to get any bigger so I put it there.

fasted is #1 after workout #2 last meal of day #3