Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aggravated with friend

Aggravated with friend

Ok so I have this female friend who is some what overweight, not by much but still. The only exercise she does is the eliptical or stationary bicycle. She texts me the other day and asks me what I know about Anavar. Tells me she bought some from her bodybuilder guy friend and he told her to take 20 mg a day and she would get shredded. I almost lost my shit!! I gave her the lecture that she shouldnt be taking any type of steroids until she has her diet and training in check and that dose for her first cycle is insane, yada yada yada. Anyways i offer to train her, gave her a diet plan to follow and checked up on her today, she tells me she isnt seeing results after taking it for a week on 10mg (Anavar) after i advised her not to take it at all, and said she is upping her dose to 15mg. She also said she plans on taking it for a month lol. I wanted to slap her. I asked her if she started weight training and she said no lol....WTF!!! Sometimes you just cant help people.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: Aggravated with friend

Just give her the support she needs and you can lead a horse to water...but can't make them drink!!! You did what you should have done, now just be there when she is willing to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Just give her the support she needs and you can lead a horse to water...but can't make them drink!!! You did what you should have done, now just be there when she is willing to listen.
    Good advice, and I will.

Know people who are exactly the same. Some people you just can't reach. They just don't 'get it'.

That old played out saying. You can leave a horse to water....but you can't make them drink!

I've only had 2 ppl so far that listened to what told and showed them to do in the gym.
    Only 1 of those followed the diet advise lol.

It's like trying to give relationship advise....no one listens lol.

It is rewarding when they do listen and see results.

She thinks that var is a fat blowtorch lol. Take the 20mg hell take 40mg.....she won't be amazed until she dials that diet and hits the weights!!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Know people who are exactly the same. Some people you just can't reach. They just don't 'get it'.
    exactly what kaz said, and no offense to her but you said she is overweight, maybe the weight has something to do with a condition but i doubt it, its just laziness and the laziness never stops even with the attitude that "oh i can just take this sit around do nothing and it will make me lose weight" that shit pisses me off. but you have to keep that though process to yourself and just try to support her and give her the best advice you can, until ur fed up and just let her do her own thing.

One of the biggest things I've learned in life: We CANT control people!!.. Even if its for their own good, haha.

We tend to try and make people make good choices. I cant MAKE anybody do anything. My job as your friend is to tell you which roads are good and which are bad and then let you walk. And if you choose to walk on the good road I'm gonna be right there with you walking along side of you. We can only be as passionate about something in someone's life as much as they are. This girl isn't passionate about lifting, then no need for you to work being passionate for her. Boundaries are a HUGE deal in relationships.

Your a good friend tho, Wrkout, for caring for her and for attempting to help. Shows you have a good heart, and that is what matters most!

You got all the right advice + your a good friend.

For some it is hard to really work at their goals... a thought of a magical pill is easy mode. Her BB "friend" gave her quality gear and didn't rip her off... I have seen a few people in my gym doing that to the uneducated... Not a good thing.

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Have her up the dose to 50mgs per day because I can almost GUARANTEE -it ain't real var anyway.Probably is just Dbol and she will bloat like a fat pig.She won't listen anyway -Luck-OD

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    Have her up the dose to 50mgs per day because I can almost GUARANTEE -it ain't real var anyway.Probably is just Dbol and she will bloat like a fat pig.She won't listen anyway -Luck-OD
    ahahahahahaa