Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hitting it twice a day

V.I.P.

hitting it twice a day

what are yous guy's thoughts on hitting the gym twice a day, being on aas i feel like i never want to leave but after the first go round i get tired, after eating and a nap then later i want to go again later in the day. have yous guys tried it? had results, or have had the same feeling?

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: hitting it twice a day

Preparing for a contest I will do double days, hit say chest in morning and biceps in evening along with cardio with both sessions. It works good and is a change from the norm. Only thing I don't like is spending time away from my little girl .

It's certainly effective, but I wouldn't do it for two long unless you're doing a show or have $$ to make from your condition.

Yeah more meant for show time.

My buddy doesn't work but 2-3 days a week and does this. He literally eats, sleeps and trains most of the day.....if u have the time and cals it can be done.

Just be careful. It's a recipe for over training.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

i do it sometimes when i am just in mood but never as a normal routine....

It depends on your goals and what you're training for but remember you grow outside the gym and not in it.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

From the title I assumed you were talking about you and your girl lol! Figured you were running the good stuff from TGC! But I agree with MA contest prep calls for it. Off season IMO doesn't. Listen to sister too, grow outside the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    It depends on your goals and what you're training for but remember you grow outside the gym and not in it.
    Good point! People always think I spend 6-8 hrs a day in the gym, when I say 6-8 hours a week, they are shocked.

V.I.P.

I sometimes go twice a day. I use it to shock a stubborn body part into submission. The last time I did it I was training my shoulders. I couldnt get a pump at all in the morning session so I came back 4 hours later and hammered them again. For me it works well when I need to shock a body part.
    Like everyone else said dont do it very often unless you want to lose some weight. It makes your body use more calories and you cant control where the body gets the calories from, it could be fat or muscle.

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I sometimes go twice a day. I use it to shock a stubborn body part into submission. The last time I did it I was training my shoulders. I couldnt get a pump at all in the morning session so I came back 4 hours later and hammered them again. For me it works well when I need to shock a body part.
    Like everyone else said dont do it very often unless you want to lose some weight. It makes your body use more calories and you cant control where the body gets the calories from, it could be fat or muscle.
    yea thats what the question was more geared towards, like i got usually at 4am, and if i dont feel like i got a good pump, or hit them good enough then i go back in the afternoon, but just didnt have too much experience with it, so i thought id ask more experienced ppl.