Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how much cardio???

how much cardio???

hey guys whats a good amount of cardio to do during the week.should you do it on off days that your not lifting..i hear alot of guys saying when your trying to put on some good amounts of muscle you shouldnt do alot of cardio maybe 3 days a week..i try and do my high intensity cardio on my off days like running on the treadmill or spinning..the only problem with the spinning is it really destroys my quads for a day or too..running doesnt bother as much as the spinning..also heard alot of guys that say do cardio before working out and others say afterwards

newNimproved

Re: how much cardio???

atleast an hour a day of light cardio will keep you lean

I always approach this from a health standpoint. I suggest 4-6 days of cardio, at least 30-45 min. More if cutting, or the minimum if trying to bulk.

This is going to be up to what your trying to achieve. Higher cardio for staying lean and 3-4 days of light cardio i.e. 15-30mins will allow you to build more mass as your body is not going into catbolic state as with higher cardio. You have to ensure you food consumption is dialed in to, if not your body basically turns on you, tries to convert fat into energy and will feed off your muslce because they are easier to break down in the body. A lot of endurance atheletes become hypoglycemic from this.

i wouldn't look at the timeframe for the cardio as much as i would intensity....for example someone doing hiit for 20 minutes vs 40 minutes of walking uphill on a treadmill...without having numbers in front of me....lets say it burns the same calories....then time isn't as important

thanks guys for the info..really appreciate it

I also run on the treadmill 3 days a week on off days (four days a week lifting,and three days a week running).That way Im doing something everyday,besides we are all only human and running say seven days a week and lifting seven days a week and you will probley over train yourself IMO.Rest counts to.

i don't know where everyone lives, but fast cardio has been really tough in the northeast this week...it's like 98 degrees and humid...as soon as you start moving the air gets heavy and you sweat buckets
    Last edited by Young Gotti; 07-06-2012 at 09:39 AM.

I get about 20-25 minutes on the tread mill, and swim about 30 min 4 days a week.

I hate tread mill, running, rowing type of cardio....b ball, R ball Frisbee anything other than that other stuff