Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how much cardio???

newNimproved

Re: how much cardio???

Quote Originally Posted by deathdodger View Post
    I would recommend at least 30 minutes to an hr a day everyday.
    bingo

Quote Originally Posted by world-pharma.org View Post
    bump...
    also when you bulk its healthy to do some cardio
    That is so true!!! Everyone should check out this article http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...-increase.html

cliffs:

Muscle stem cell pools (aka satellite cells) replenish during high intensity cardio. This graphic shows the repair process (note one of the primary site of androgen receptors is on activated satellite cells). When the satellite cells repairs the muscle cell, it allows it to be larger and house more motor units- hypertrophy!

High intensity vs low intensity cardio as far as how it affects satellite cell counts:

Changes (compared to untrained control) in number of myonuclei and satellite cells per muscle fiber (data calculate base on Naito. 2011)

V.I.P.
    30 minutes a day?! what's next run a marathon ? I'd look like an Ethiopian with that much cardio!
    Last edited by Oldschooliron; 08-01-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschooliron View Post
    30 minutes a day?! what's next run a marathon ? I'd look like an Ethiopian with that much cardio!
    I do about 10 minutes of hard basketball in between sets each lift day. I find if I do 30min+ 3x a week my ankles and knees start hurting and I get worse at bball.

I have heard as far as satellite cell replenishment, its about intensity, not duration. For burning fat, I would go with light intensity long duration (as a higher % of calories burned comes from fat). Plus its easier on the body.

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mryar View Post
    cardio, specifically high intensity cardio, is very important during muscle building. It replenishes the satellite cell pool (muscle stem cells that repair muscle cells). the main site of androgen receptors is satellite cells, so beyond the simple protein synthesis, satellite cells do the other part of the work of muscle repair.

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...-increase.html
    Cardio is a must and great for your general health & heart health... I do believe cardio is a bit "overrated" I think most people do their (30 min) of a traditional form of cardio liek the threadmill, and they don't really change it... and Your body is very smart and it adapts to whatever form of exercise you throw at it.... including cardio, so I think it's more important to keep your body challanged & to change up your cardio routine.. I'm a big fan of HIIT cardio, I usually do it on my off days.. and on training days I like doing cuircuits, it keeps my heart rate up & allows me to change the excercises & keeps my body in the "fat burning zone".. I don't really do traditional cardio or excessive cardio, I think if u have your diet dialed in u don't need to go crazy with cardio..

and btw, u do burn more calories by lifting than by doing cardio.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1856698

V.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Cardio is a must and great for your general health & heart health... I do believe cardio is a bit "overrated" I think most people do their (30 min) of a traditional form of cardio liek the threadmill, and they don't really change it... and Your body is very smart and it adapts to whatever form of exercise you throw at it.... including cardio, so I think it's more important to keep your body challanged & to change up your cardio routine.. I'm a big fan of HIIT cardio, I usually do it on my off days.. and on training days I like doing cuircuits, it keeps my heart rate up & allows me to change the excercises & keeps my body in the "fat burning zone".. I don't really do traditional cardio or excessive cardio, I think if u have your diet dialed in u don't need to go crazy with cardio..

and btw, u do burn more calories by lifting than by doing cardio.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1856698
    Good post. When i do cardio I prefer hiit as well. I can maintain 10-12% bf without cardio via lifting and diet. That's lean enough for me.

Forget living a long healthy life! I want to live a short, vein busting, balls to the wall, shirt stretching life. Die young and LARGE!!! Oh wait, youngs already past. How bout middle aged??

Racquetball for me.....I hate treadmills!

Banned

Well....
    According to me 30-45 minutes a day for 4-5 days per week is pretty standard for lowering BF%.

Banned

Well....
    According to me 30-45 minutes a day for 4-5 days per week is pretty standard for lowering BF%.