Thread: Carb loading post workout?

Carb loading post workout?

I don't like pre workout supps. I work out at 7:30 pm and they keep me up all night. I prefer Karolyn or cyclic dextrin, bcaa, protein isolate pre workout. Keeps my energy levels up, no bloating from a heavy meal before I train that might repeat or give indigestion during my workout.

I have a great book called nutrient timing. By utilizing carbs post workout within 1 hour of training the insulin spike is said to dramatically increase nutrient uptake post workout in particular bcaa, proteins to vastly aid recovery.
    Well sometimes I get cheap...or my wife is cooking dinner so ill just have isolate and bcaa.

Lately I've made more of a habit of adding the Karolyn post workout....I'm going to keep experimenting but I swear if I carb load post workout ESP after my bicep training my arms stay full and pumped the whole next day! If I don't carb load this doesn't seem to happen.

Anyone else carb load post workout? U can use high glycemic foods ie raisins etc if u don't use Karolyn. Waxy maize is useless dogshit. Maltodextrin or dextrose work great if u don't mind the bloating from them. powdered Gatorade has dextrose fwiw or smarties candies lol.

Makes me really eager to try the slin i have. Just haven't had a chance just yet.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: Carb loading post workout?

Protein shake with 50+ grams of protein and carbs (Maltodextrin or just orange juice), 1 banana, and a handful of raisins within 30 minutes of training...then a meal 1.5-2 hours after with same amount of carbs and protein. All carbs come in around training time...taper off later into evening hours. I liked that book by the way.

Re: Carb loading post workout?

The majority of the carbs I take in daily is after I'm done training. I also take in carbs the evening before a training session.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    The majority of the carbs I take in daily is after I'm done training. I also take in carbs the evening before a training session.
    Interesting detail as always sister. It's not just what we consume the day of training but I agree the day before is just as important!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!