Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tragic camping weekend

V.I.P.

tragic camping weekend

Took my 7 year old camping for his bday this weekend, like real camoing.not todays rv campers..had a blast, hiking, tracking, tree and berry identification, fire and a fryimg pan.then the tragity starts...we are doing a canoe trip down this river, and stop at a old railroad bridge to hit up a homemade rope swing, as we are there a family passes through , wife, husband 2 small kid..my boy points out hey dad that little boy isn't wearing a life jacket..I said ya I agree..now mind you..I'm a very strong swimmer..but wear a life jacket to simply set a good example for my kid..so about 30 mi. Later we decide to paddle on.., about 2 miles dowm river we see the same family on shore and the mom is freakinv out, I literally have chills as I'm texting this, thier canoe tipped over and thier 6 year old boy never came back up..I guess the moral of this story is life is short and unfortunately when poor desions are made this is the possiblr outcome..so people..the next time you see your kid..give them a hug and tell them you love them..for you never know when the emd is here

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: tragic camping weekend

No fucking way...so the child drowned??? I have a 7 year old little girl and that is unreal that the parents wouldn't have enough sense to have their child wear a life jacket...that is tragic and completely insane!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

V.I.P.
    I'm a boat owner and enjoy trips to the lake and river.... Ill never let a child ride in my boat without a life jacket u just never know what can happen that is very sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terrible tragedy..anytime a life is lost especially a child's.

That really is sad! I can't believe the parent didn't have a life jacket on that little boy. How irresponsible can people be?!
    "Look forward-never look back and enjoy every sandwich -Go get em-OD ALPHA ZILLA"

Quote Originally Posted by ineedtogrow View Post
    That really is sad! I can't believe the parent didn't have a life jacket on that little boy. How irresponsible can people be?!
    I know people think it can never happen to them...something that could have been avoided, or at least improved the chances for survival....sad...

Horrible

That's a terrible tragedy!

I've seen ppl flip canoes and put boats ashore. Kids should definitely wear a life jacket!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

I am an expert rafter/ boater and have taken many bodies out of water with NO PFD ( personal flotation device ) The wife and I are certified in swift water rescue plus much more. Before ANYBODY enters the water with us -they get a briefing on water safety-plus a check of all gear. Sad story-but common tragedy -OD

V.I.P.

So sorry bro!