Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tragic camping weekend

Wow that's horrible to hear! I just can't imagine having something like that happen to one of my kids!

Horrible and now those parents have to live with that ignorant mistake the rest of their lives...
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelfan View Post
    Wow that's horrible to hear! I just can't imagine having something like that happen to one of my kids!
    I know right?

I lettered in swimming. I would have died before i gave up trying to save my child.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: tragic camping weekend

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    I am an expert rafter/ boater and have taken many bodies out of water with NO PFD ( personal flotation device ) The wife and I are certified in swift water rescue plus much more. Before ANYBODY enters the water with us -they get a briefing on water safety-plus a check of all gear. Sad story-but common tragedy -OD
    Very unfortunate situation, but more people deffinently need to have rescue skills.

I'm not certified for swift water, but have used my cpr training and water training from the USMC to save more people than I care to from public pools and rivers. Common sense goes out the Window and people panic.

The skills you learn will save lives even if you never think you'll use em. Learn em rehearse em and save it for a later date because it will happen when you least expect it.