Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Costco recalls 40,000 pounds of salmonella-contaminated cooked chicken pro

California Costco recalls 40,000 pounds of salmonella-contaminated cooked chicken pro

NaturalNews) A San Francisco Costco store has recalled 40,000 pounds of cooked rotisserie chicken products due to confirmed Salmonella Heidelberg contamination. Salmonella Heidelberg is an antibiotic-resistant strain that poses a life-threatening risk to those with weakened immune systems, including the elderly, kids and people with cancer or HIV. At least one cooked rotisserie chicken tested positive for the salmonella bacteria, leading the store to issue a recall for 8,730 rotisserie chickens and 313 units of soup, leg quarters and salad possibly containing salmonella. An expected 18-20 customers have reported illness directly linked to the contaminated chicken sold between September 11 and September 23.

Costco's vice president for food safety, Craig Wilson, has claimed that the chicken was well-cooked and they are unsure how it was contaminated. "I don't know if we're looking at an enormous bio-load or was it possibly cross-contaminated," Wilson said. Wilson also said that Costco's chicken products are routinely cooked to 180 degrees, which is above the recommended temperature for killing the salmonella bacteria. However, CDC representative Barbara Reynolds said it is very improbable that properly cooked and handled chicken would sicken a consumer with salmonella.

This recall is being linked to the Foster Farms antibiotic-resistant salmonella outbreak which caused The Kroger Co. to remove Foster Farms brand raw chicken from six of their grocery store chains in Nevada and New Mexico earlier this month. Despite consumer pressure, Foster Farms has refused to issue a voluntary recall, claiming that their chicken meets USDA standards, and reminded consumers that contaminated chicken is safe to eat when handled properly and cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. The USDA has issued supportive statements.

According to LA Times, the contaminated chicken is connected to USDA marks of inspection P6137, P6137A or P7632. Costco is now carrying new batches of Foster Farm brand chicken.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/042522_sa...#ixzz2ht1bqtQd
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: California Costco recalls 40,000 pounds of salmonella-contaminated cooked chicken

Fucking gross and great!!! Eat healthy and get sick as fuck!!! This shit is unreal!!!

I just bought chicken on Sunday from the SF Costco!

Re: California Costco recalls 40,000 pounds of salmonella-contaminated cooked chicken

Quote Originally Posted by SFDan View Post
    I just bought chicken on Sunday from the SF Costco!
    Take it back and get your $$$ back...don't eat it bro!!!

Too late! Haha It wasn't the rotisserie or Foster Farms. It was the organic brand. Can't remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by SFDan View Post
    Too late! Haha It wasn't the rotisserie or Foster Farms. It was the organic brand. Can't remember the name.
    Coleman's...the green label. Then you should be good...just Foster Farms crap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Fucking gross and great!!! Eat healthy and get sick as fuck!!! This shit is unreal!!!
    I know right brother ! All these posts lately just confirm I wanna move someplace and grow my own food...from non montasanto fucked seats of course.

I have my own hens for eggs. Time to dig up the grass and farm
    Lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Better yet-don't shop at places like Costco and Walmart. Try to get your food from an organic farmer-not a discount store !! Think about it-like going to dinner and ordering into a clowns head !! There are places to look for bargains-but food is not one of them-OD

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    Better yet-don't shop at places like Costco and Walmart. Try to get your food from an organic farmer-not a discount store !! Think about it-like going to dinner and ordering into a clowns head !! There are places to look for bargains-but food is not one of them-OD
    Excellent analogy and advice here!!! Like did anyone know that there is meat from approximately 50 unhealthy cows in 1 McDonalds burger? I'm sure that goes for other fast food chains as well...such as the clown head drive thru place. Also to be labeled cage free eggs or chickens they can be in a big barn walking around in their own feces and crap...anyway you get my drift!!!

Doesn't that just make you want to run out and buy some chicken.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.