Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Bell's Slingshot

Mark Bell's Slingshot

Some of you may know that I've been having shoulder and elbow pains from my BJJ training and the years of lifting. I've had to take time off benching because the pain had gotten to be unbearable. Well, I picked up a slingshot (the orginal version) and trained bench today. I took it easy so I didn't go to heavy (just performed working sets with 225lbs) and my elbows and shoulders felt GREAT to my surprise.

My point for this thread is if you're having pains in your elbows, shoulders, or both give the slingshot a try. I bet you'll be happy you did.

Mark has a reactive slingshot (the blue one) which gives less "help" in performing the lift. I the the little extra nudge the red original slingshot provides.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Some of you may know that I've been having shoulder and elbow pains from my BJJ training and the years of lifting. I've had to take time off benching because the pain had gotten to be unbearable. Well, I picked up a slingshot (the orginal version) and trained bench today. I took it easy so I didn't go to heavy (just performed working sets with 225lbs) and my elbows and shoulders felt GREAT to my surprise.

My point for this thread is if you're having pains in your elbows, shoulders, or both give the slingshot a try. I bet you'll be happy you did.

Mark has a reactive slingshot (the blue one) which gives less "help" in performing the lift. I the the little extra nudge the red original slingshot provides.
    Im sure I can google it but where can I find one of these and what's the proper way to wear and use it?
    Sorry Hun this PL is all new to me!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: Mark Bell's Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Im sure I can google it but where can I find one of these and what's the proper way to wear and use it?
    Sorry Hun this PL is all new to me!
    That's just it.... the slingshot isn't just for powerlifters. I have some friends who do crossfit who use it in some of their WOD's and bodybuilders can also benefit from using it.

You can find it here:

http://www.howmuchyabench.net/store#...=0&sort=normal

And here's a vid on how to properly wear and use the slingshot.

DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Thanks Hun you rock! I've been using more of a pl bench stule like in Dave Tate's videos u posted but for some reason it's Inflaming my shoulder.

Ill look into this.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

So this is for overload and tri work right.......with some shoulder.......its blasting it off the chest so it takes some chest out

Edit: after read your post I guess it takes tris and shoulders out

My husband has been using this for about 6 months now and loves it.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

I know Jimmie Pacifico has been using it with good success, He is following in his Father;s footsteps big time.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    I know Jimmie Pacifico has been using it with good success, He is following in his Father;s footsteps big time.
    As in Larry?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Thanks Hun you rock! I've been using more of a pl bench stule like in Dave Tate's videos u posted but for some reason it's Inflaming my shoulder.

Ill look into this.
    When you tuck your elbows it should take a lot of pressure off your shoulders. Also where are you bringing the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    So this is for overload and tri work right.......with some shoulder.......its blasting it off the chest so it takes some chest out

Edit: after read your post I guess it takes tris and shoulders out
    I think I need to talk about benching in general first. You use your lats when you're lowering the weight and also when you break inertia (begin the lift). After that, your shoulders and lastly your triceps get involved. A bench uses your whole body and not just a few muscles. That's why it's one of the Big 3.

The slingshot doesn't take your shoulders and triceps out of the lift. It's an aid that helps you with your form and the initial portion of the lift. You're still performing work. It's not a bench shirt. There is a BIG difference.

I think for bodybuilders the reactive (blue) slingshot would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    When you tuck your elbows it should take a lot of pressure off your shoulders. Also where are you bringing the bar?

I think I need to talk about benching in general first. You use your lats when you're lowering the weight and also when you break inertia (begin the lift). After that, your shoulders and lastly your triceps get involved. A bench uses your whole body and not just a few muscles. That's why it's one of the Big 3.

The slingshot doesn't take your shoulders and triceps out of the lift. It's an aid that helps you with your form and the initial portion of the lift. You're still performing work. It's not a bench shirt. There is a BIG difference.

I think for bodybuilders the reactive (blue) slingshot would be best.
    Looks like it jumps you out of the hole thus making it possible to lock out heavier loads.
    Looks like a nice training aid......I will pick one up