Thread: Adversity

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Adversity

I have a shirt with a quote on it that says...

"Adversity is like a flame...it melts the weak and tempers the strong!"

Seems like many of us are going through some sort of life challenge, a moral or ethical dilemma in our life either with family or very close family member, career change, financial hardship, health issues either ones self or other close family member...we all are going through something that makes us want to throw up our arms and scream how much more do you think I can handle. My wife has always reiterated to me that God will give us only what we can handle, and through these life challenges and trials we learn, grow, and strengthen our physical, phychological, and spiritual selves to take on lives next challenge. Sometimes they fall back to back to one another without an actual breather...which makes it that more frustrating. There are also times that these challenges are completely out of our control and we have to let go and let God take over for our own health and sanity. We also have ways to help us through these times like obviously training, prayer, meditation, sitting on the beach looking out at the ocean and waves counting our true blessing in our lives...health, family, friends, love, a home, food, clothing, and most important happiness. This was why I created that other thread "Gratitude List...5 things we are grateful for daily"...to help us remind ourselves what is truly important to us in our lives on any given day.

So now that I have ranted on about this, yes I have been going through my own adversity and trying to stay positive through it all for my family and my own sanity...so what do all of the family here do for themselves in these times? I always seem to vent to some poor family members here lol, get feedback from other dads, other people who are knowledgeable in the situation I am dealing with, although don't like to burden others with my problems as I know others have their own and mine are no more important or severe than theirs...so at times find myself in an inner struggle within myself to find the answers to fix a problem I can't fix...or in this case someone I cannot fix. Anyway...so let's discuss here, think I have verbal vomited enough...so discuss, how do you overcome adversity?
    Last edited by MuscleAddiction; 10-23-2013 at 01:30 PM.