Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different style of barbell?

Re: Different style of barbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelfan View Post
    I use one of those bars all the time for seated shrugs. Works great!
    Yea, I hadn't thought of shrugs... I'm one of those guys that has a hard time doing shrugs comfortably. Worth giving it a shot. Oh, and I did notice there was a fair amount of dust on those bars when I saw 'em. Shoulders and traps tomorrow, I'll see how it goes...

How big is the bend? It could be a cambered bar or it could be a buffalo bar.

The bar pitches you forward which makes you really focus on keeping your upper back tight so you don't hunch over and cause you to miss a lift.

There are many bars that powerlifters use; buffalo bar, cambered bar, safety squat bar, football bar, and of course bench, squat, and deadlift bars.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

We have the cambered bars and safety squat bars. Tried the cambered bar with some low weight on some bench press reps (bad idea) but it puts too much stress on my shoulders... Worked pretty good for squatting though.. Will knock the dust off and use 'em every now and then to add some variety

I wouldn't recommend using a cambered bar when benching. Using dumbbells increase the range of motion of the lift in comparison to a regular bench bar.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.