Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need a solid pre contest diet plan

Re: need a solid pre contest diet plan

I'm really getting to the point of going on diet. It's just really expensive and requires attention to detail. My issue is work. It interferes with everything. I can't eat regular bc of 8 million meetings, and by time I get home I'm zapped. I wish I could just pop 5 pills a day, 1 for each meal and just be done with it. But alas, there are no pills for meals
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Since your zapped I assume you lift in the morning/before work?

What is your work schedule?

Not knowing your schedule -
    Why not have breakfast at home and 2 high quality protein bars for meals 2, 3 (or a solid lunch) and 4. Save 5 for PWO/dinner and 6 last meal before bed (or as a late dinner).

#bringbackSisterSteelandFitGuru

I've never given out my exact diet plan for pre-contest but for you bros I'll give ya the basics and this WILL get you shredded if you adhere to it completely.
    Figure your diet is going to stay at the same levels, just moving components around. Doing the basic (200lb bodybuider example here). These are based on daily intakes.

Starting at 16 wks out:

350g protein/day
    100g carbs/day
    Fats = from foods and AN PB

If you haven't been doing cardio then start. Begin with 30 min sessions 3x's/wk. Increase cardio (1) 30 min session EVERY week of your contest diet until your last 4 weeks. At 4 wks out you should be at AT LEAST (16) 30 min cardio sessions/wk (7, Am fasted sessions - 6, PM post workout sessions - 3, midday sessions)

Every 4 weeks (e.g @ 12 wks out, 8 wks out, 4 wks out), change up your diet to accomodate your daily carb intake, per your current bodyweight....meaning your carb intake should be 1/2 of your bodyweight. Here's the tricky part. If you take away say 20 grams of carbs, you add them back in in protein, meaning....say at 12 wks out if your bodyweight is at 190 then your carb intake shoud be taken to 95 carbs/day and you would replace those lost calories of carbs with increased grams of protein, moving your protein up to 355. It seems inconsequential and like it wouldn't work but the 2 times I've been in my absolute best condiditon of my life was my designed diet like this. By only doing 30 min cardio sessions you cut WAY back on the possibility of burning muscle while dieting (you can increase the intensity and type of cardio to get the same results), and you're basically hitting your body with a dose of adrenaline from the cardio twice per day, then when you're doing cardio 3x's per day (I always try to do 3/day cardio sessions exactly 8 hrs apart) you're getting a dose of adrenaline 3x's per day. Since carbs and protein are the same in calories then essentially you're never dropping your calorie intake and getting leaner as you go. I've found also that with this diet I actually GAIN a substantial amount of muscle while dieting too.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN-280 View Post
    I've never given out my exact diet plan for pre-contest but for you bros I'll give ya the basics and this WILL get you shredded if you adhere to it completely.
    Figure your diet is going to stay at the same levels, just moving components around. Doing the basic (200lb bodybuider example here). These are based on daily intakes.

Starting at 16 wks out:

350g protein/day
    100g carbs/day
    Fats = from foods and AN PB

If you haven't been doing cardio then start. Begin with 30 min sessions 3x's/wk. Increase cardio (1) 30 min session EVERY week of your contest diet until your last 4 weeks. At 4 wks out you should be at AT LEAST (16) 30 min cardio sessions/wk (7, Am fasted sessions - 6, PM post workout sessions - 3, midday sessions)

Every 4 weeks (e.g @ 12 wks out, 8 wks out, 4 wks out), change up your diet to accomodate your daily carb intake, per your current bodyweight....meaning your carb intake should be 1/2 of your bodyweight. Here's the tricky part. If you take away say 20 grams of carbs, you add them back in in protein, meaning....say at 12 wks out if your bodyweight is at 190 then your carb intake shoud be taken to 95 carbs/day and you would replace those lost calories of carbs with increased grams of protein, moving your protein up to 355. It seems inconsequential and like it wouldn't work but the 2 times I've been in my absolute best condiditon of my life was my designed diet like this. By only doing 30 min cardio sessions you cut WAY back on the possibility of burning muscle while dieting (you can increase the intensity and type of cardio to get the same results), and you're basically hitting your body with a dose of adrenaline from the cardio twice per day, then when you're doing cardio 3x's per day (I always try to do 3/day cardio sessions exactly 8 hrs apart) you're getting a dose of adrenaline 3x's per day. Since carbs and protein are the same in calories then essentially you're never dropping your calorie intake and getting leaner as you go. I've found also that with this diet I actually GAIN a substantial amount of muscle while dieting too.
    Saved 😏
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

I can only work out after work would have to get up at4am and I go to bed at midnight.

Excellent meal plan saved as well.

As for being zapped, it's mainly bc I have to deal with self righteous narcissistic ass holes all day while I smile and pretend all is well in the land of stupid.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    I can only work out after work would have to get up at4am and I go to bed at midnight.

Excellent meal plan saved as well.

As for being zapped, it's mainly bc I have to deal with self righteous narcissistic ass holes all day while I smile and pretend all is well in the land of stupid.
    Holy shit!! Do we work at the same company????
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

So Titan--- your goal is staying the same weight and just getting harder ( not that that is bad thing , in fact I am all for that )

Also When I was College .. a buddy of mine had a great dog named Titan .. So I keep thinking of Titan when I see your name
    We used to get stoned on the roof , and Titan would climb up there cruising around the roof.. also like a cat he would jump up on the counters

He also could run at amazing speed ( like 25 MPH)
    Like I said he was a great dog...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Holy shit!! Do we work at the same company????
    We probably could. I got one guy from Israel thinks his shit don't stink, and feels he is superior to everyone else including those of us with 20 times (years) the experience since he just started. He is alienating everyone around him. I got him moved to a different team and he is passing them off it sounds like.

Time to distress. ��

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    So Titan--- your goal is staying the same weight and just getting harder ( not that that is bad thing , in fact I am all for that )

Also When I was College .. a buddy of mine had a great dog named Titan .. So I keep thinking of Titan when I see your name
    We used to get stoned on the roof , and Titan would climb up there cruising around the roof.. also like a cat he would jump up on the counters

He also could run at amazing speed ( like 25 MPH)
    Like I said he was a great dog...
    No bro definitely not. As the cardio is added in you WILL drop weight....bodyfat. Which will show on the scale. Obviously it's a contest diet so throughout the offseason you weren't eating 1/2 your bodyweight in carbs. That change alone will cause a shift in body composition. You'll lose weight, mainly bodyfat but the increase of cardio every week will bring the scale down. As it comes down so do your carbs, while at the same time replacing the calories with protein to keep (or even gain) muscle while getting leaner at the same time. Given, you may not drop as huge a # on the scales but yes you will keep a tighter weight while getting leaner and tighter. Hope that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Saved 😏

:-) Thanks bro.