Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I went and did it…I injured myself deadlifting.

JerseyDevil

Re: So I went and did it…I injured myself deadlifting.

You definitely need to have it checked out before lifting again. A MRI is what you need. Hopefully Sister Steel is right. I messed up the cartilage between my ribs years ago, and everyonce in awhile I reinjure it. It does feel like a pop, and it hurts for a few days. PITA but way better than a herniated disc.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    You definitely need to have it checked out before lifting again. A MRI is what you need. Hopefully Sister Steel is right. I messed up the cartilage between my ribs years ago, and everyonce in awhile I reinjure it. It does feel like a pop, and it hurts for a few days. PITA but way better than a herniated disc.
    X2

As someone who struggles with reoccurring back issues, get the MRI. With me, the initial pain is followed up by the real pain 2-3 days down the road. IMO it'll better gauge how serious you may have injured yourself, but either way a trip to the doc is definitely in order....

Thanks for all of you concerns guys and gals. I probably should've read this thread sooner because I rested for the 2 days over the weekend and did my push work out yesterday and pull today. It's deload week for me so everything is much lighter.

All this MRI talk is freaking me out now, I haven't had insurance in months and wont have any probably for another month but once I do I'll have to get it checked out.

Here's an update though. The pain went from a 7-8 the night of the injury down to 3-4 the next 2 days (weekend) and down to almost nothing for yesterday and today. I can still feel a little something in that spot if I lean side ways far enough but bending front or back is fine.

I felt fine lifting for the past 2 days, just a little scared but I know I won't be doing deads for a while…or ever..:sad face:

But do you guys think I should just stop and wait to get an MRI or go by how I feel?

Quote Originally Posted by My dick in a box View Post
    Thanks for all of you concerns guys and gals. I probably should've read this thread sooner because I rested for the 2 days over the weekend and did my push work out yesterday and pull today. It's deload week for me so everything is much lighter.

All this MRI talk is freaking me out now, I haven't had insurance in months and wont have any probably for another month but once I do I'll have to get it checked out.

Here's an update though. The pain went from a 7-8 the night of the injury down to 3-4 the next 2 days (weekend) and down to almost nothing for yesterday and today. I can still feel a little something in that spot if I lean side ways far enough but bending front or back is fine.

I felt fine lifting for the past 2 days, just a little scared but I know I won't be doing deads for a while…or ever..:sad face:

But do you guys think I should just stop and wait to get an MRI or go by how I feel?
    I'd drop deads for sure and go by how u feel until u get insurance. If it totally goes away in the next few weeks after dropping deads....then restart deads and see how u feel.

IMHO if u did deads today and didn't fall over in crushing pain....u are probably ok. That said I'm no fucking dr!!

I just know my idiot buddy jumped into a shallow lake on the day before his wedding. He tweaked his neck and shoulder good! Pinched nerves etc. after the wedding when we worked out he literally fell to the floor in utter pain! I was worried cause u could beat him stupid and he wouldn't bow out until
    U knocked him out or killed him type of guy....the fact he bowed out told
    Me he really fucked himself
    Up!! He has had an MRI and oddly they didn't find much. He still can't swim
    Or lift comfortably...

Point is the fact u lifted again and so soon and it went pretty good is a good sign to me.

I'd still drop deads and let the body heal.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I'd drop deads for sure and go by how u feel until u get insurance. If it totally goes away in the next few weeks after dropping deads....then restart deads and see how u feel.

IMHO if u did deads today and didn't fall over in crushing pain....u are probably ok. That said I'm no fucking dr!!

I just know my idiot buddy jumped into a shallow lake on the day before his wedding. He tweaked his neck and shoulder good! Pinched nerves etc. after the wedding when we worked out he literally fell to the floor in utter pain! I was worried cause u could beat him stupid and he wouldn't bow out until
    U knocked him out or killed him type of guy....the fact he bowed out told
    Me he really fucked himself
    Up!! He has had an MRI and oddly they didn't find much. He still can't swim
    Or lift comfortably...

Point is the fact u lifted again and so soon and it went pretty good is a good sign to me.

I'd still drop deads and let the body heal.
    Dang that's sucks for your bud. Sounds pretty damn serious and from just jumping in a lake? He didn't hit anything?

I didn't do deads today but I did do bent over rows and felt fine. I did pick it off the ground like a dead though but it wasn't nearly as heavy as when I injured myself. But the motion was there I guess..

Lol he hit the bottom of the lake with his fucking face! He was drunk and being an idiot. He face was all scuffed up for his wedding.

Man that is a scary thing. Doing a face plant on the bottom of a pool or lake. He was lucky. Didnt kill him or paralize him.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Man that is a scary thing. Doing a face plant on the bottom of a pool or lake. He was lucky. Didnt kill him or paralize him.
    He is like my dog...u could hit him in the head with a brick and u would break your hand with the brick and they would be fucking fine somehow.