Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pain Relief Supps

Pain Relief Supps

What good pain relief supplements are out there (for headache, muscle, joint, etc. pain) other than the usual aspirin, ibuprofen, aceto., naprox?

V.I.P.
    I take norco if it's bad pain :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry I don't use them other then aleeve etc when my back is killing me. I've never had a joint supp do shit. if my back is really right I get drunk. Really losses me up
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: Pain Relief Supps

Epsom salt baths other preventative measures help with minor aches and joint soreness. If you have headaches you may want to see if your BP is elevated and if it is you may need to check and see how much water your taking in daily.

MSM, Chondtroitin, etc do do shit or at least they never helped me when it came to joint pain.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Thank you all for sharing your info. and experience.

Keeping your electrolytes in balance is very important to help muscle pain and soreness. magnesium is a great supp and when and has a muscle relaxing effect. I was told by my rheumatologist to take this about an hour before bed. She had me taking 400 to 600mg at a time. This a higher end so you may want to break the dose into 2 doses a day. Also, magnesium has a tendency to promote loose stool. For some this effect is a plus if they have problems going but for others it may not be so plesant. there are different types of magnesium that have this effct more than others. magnesium is often found in calcium supps too. Infact, magnesium helps the absorption of calcium in the body.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

My right elbow tendon has been giving me hell for weeks, train...ice...ibuprofen and mild massage to help. Sucks because can't train certain exercises like I want to, haven't hit biceps in a couple weeks just resting it, but still hitting chest, shoulders, and back religiously. I use a Shiek neoprene compression sleeve during training and just fight through the discomfort. Going to check with my PCP to see if I can get some PT for it see if it helps. I take a joint supplement, fish oils, stay hydrated, and such but still suffering .

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    Keeping your electrolytes in balance is very important to help muscle pain and soreness. magnesium is a great supp and when and has a muscle relaxing effect. I was told by my rheumatologist to take this about an hour before bed. She had me taking 400 to 600mg at a time. This a higher end so you may want to break the dose into 2 doses a day. Also, magnesium has a tendency to promote loose stool. For some this effect is a plus if they have problems going but for others it may not be so plesant. there are different types of magnesium that have this effct more than others. magnesium is often found in calcium supps too. Infact, magnesium helps the absorption of calcium in the body.
    That's some good info to know; I didn't realize that... I guess it would help if I read the labels on my vitamin bottles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    My right elbow tendon has been giving me hell for weeks, train...ice...ibuprofen and mild massage to help. Sucks because can't train certain exercises like I want to, haven't hit biceps in a couple weeks just resting it, but still hitting chest, shoulders, and back religiously. I use a Shiek neoprene compression sleeve during training and just fight through the discomfort. Going to check with my PCP to see if I can get some PT for it see if it helps. I take a joint supplement, fish oils, stay hydrated, and such but still suffering .
    I know what you mean bro. I went years without having to use any type of joint support. Then came the knee wraps... then the elbow sleeve... then a larger belt, etc., etc. By the time I put all of my support gear on, it's time to head home! I guess I should workout in a full body diver's suit!!! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    If you're having tendonitis issues you should look up voodoo floss. A lot of people have used it with success.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.