Ok all of us have or arr doing it now. Why do we do it? Are we getting paid to step on stage? Is there a meet coming up? Are you on an Olympic team? Some may be in here that compete on stage however most of us are just gym rats with to much prods and pride running through us to take a knee amd heal. Again why?

I've been here myself however the older I get the more im paying for those younger mistakes with chronic to didn't heal back right injuries.

With any injury there is a time period that is needed in order for a pained site to heal. This is entirely dependent upon the severity and location of the injury. However none of us are doctors or physical therapist so why do we play Russian roulette with our bodies? We make decisions based upon how we "feel" but are unable to see the real issue at hand.

I know and understand to be hard to take a break and rest as I myself hear that little gremlin calling me a chump and your going to loose all you worked so hard to obtain. However the voice of wisdom quickly smoothest that out and I go to the doc. Im very thankful after a visit as I either learn more or confirm my recovery period.

Here is a chart from the American college of sports medicine that proves to be simple but helpful.
http://forms.acsm.org/TPC/PDFs/38%20Gillespie.pdf
It outlines not only injury periods but that of what is best to use for pinpointing an injury to rehilbilation.

We have to put aside our stage pride and allow humility to heal our bodies. We have one shot at this body and once its all over I pray im still walking than strolling in a wheelchair.