Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And...its an upper chest question!

And...its an upper chest question!

Ok getting back to the good old whats your fav....for upper chest development. I have gravitated away from flat bench to doing floor presses and that has worked out very well for my shoulders.
    And so with nothing changing I still see that I have very good lower pec development but my upper pecs are thin and pathetic giving my chest a not so pleasing shape.
    This is not a discussion about weather or not upper and lower chest can be separated. IMO that has already been proven by years and years of BBERS that say it works and they have the chest's to prove it.
    So what do you all do?
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Re: And...its an upper chest question!

Hey Iron clean out your message box bro.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

What the hell bros?
    Cmon a little bit of help here plz...
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    What the hell bros?
    Cmon a little bit of help here plz...
    Years ago when I first joined a gym I would do sets of DB incline press up and down the rack.......now because of injury I don't do flat bench I only do incline, as a result my upper chest is one my better body parts

I use the Life Fitness machine for incline chest for mondays chest workout. On thursdays I will do DB inclines. I get a better pump from the DB's but I am weaker on them.

Yeah I had to give up flat bench a few years back due to shoulders. But went to floor press and have been progressing nicely on that. Lower pecs are nice and thick. But upper peck are like ribbons. So have been looking at very low incline bench with dbls. Very low inc bench with dbls revers grip. And this old school one.
    You hold the dbls on your chest with them pressed against each other. Then you press them, holding them touching together, you do this on an indline.
    Prolly gonna use all three for now and see if I wanna continue that way or drop one out for more intensity on the other 2.
    OH and thanks bros.
    Henry Ford

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Hope the video and trick it shows helps too buddy!!! I like Ben, he has some great tips.

A few years back I came across an article somewhere on "Reverse Grip Bench Press". I gave it a shot and while it feels awkward at first at looks a little silly, I couldn't deny how much more it isolated my upper pecs by removing the assisting muscles usually associated with the bench press movement. Heres basically what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6p0Tp5HNvc

Anyway, it might be worth throwing into your workout every now and then. I've made them part of my regular chest routine...

Fosho MA and thanks bro.
    Drkmn thanks for the vid. Yeah I have read so much on these. Some say triceps only and some say chest only and some say both. Im gonna give them a long term test and see what happens with me and them. I am gonna be doing them with Dbls and on a low incline so that should def make a difference
    Henry Ford

Incline dumbbell spoon presses! http://youtu.be/GPOQFIYteRk