Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I remember when.....

I remember when.....

I was a kid and things were different! I like to think back to times that were just more simple. Some things I remember are:

My Mom handing me cans of beer to run out to the garbage men on hot days,lol.

The fruit and vegetable truck coming down the alleyway to sell fruits and veggies

The knife sharpener man walking down the street wih his cart.

Opening up the fire hydrants on the corners on a hot summer day, just to play in the cold water

Playing ding dong ditch

Going door to door to sing Xmas carols

Going door to door asking peopl if we could shovel their snow and make some money

Leaving the house in the morning to go outside and play and coming back only for meal times

No cell phones and electronics to make us lazy

I remember so much more but would love to know some things you remember! Please share them

thanks
    baby1
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

V.I.P.

Re: I remember when.....

Haha it's amazing how much things have changed. I use to travel miles away from home since I had all day to do it and I was under 10 yrs old.

V.I.P.

I remember all the neighbor kids skateboarding and playing hide and seek outside swimming w friends spending money without a care cause I didn't make it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My dad gave me a BB gun he scored at a yard sale for $5....I disappeared in the desert daily with that thing. Grew up outdoors...chasing lizards, shooting things, lighting things on fire lol, riding my bicycle.
    How times have changed!!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

I remember my first car had an 8-track. and the track chaining in the middle of the song.
    I remember Albums , and cassettes . and when CD's were a new and incredible idea.
    I remember being a paper boy.. that was a job actually delivering something that is virtually non existent
    I remember the Watergate hearings

I remember me and my brothers leaving the house in the morning and not coming home from the hills till dinner time. That was in first grade. I remember when we would see guys coming home from.Nam in their uniforms and being in awe of them. I remember when most cops were respectable. I remember the moon landing. Still dont know if it was real or not tho. I remember my first car. A 62 Chevy Impala with a 2 speed powerglide tranny and a 327 engine.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I remember no phone messages, no problem, no wireless phones, no cable, 4 channels,
    playing football all day, my first real go and later wife, being ripped to spreads, joining the Marines, go getting married, taking my girlfriends virginity from her 2 feet from her dad while talking to him, etc.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

I remember when I used to ride my Mongoose bike up to the store and the park. Things were much simpler back then, but things were also made better too. My same Mongoose BMX bike which was hand-crafted in the good old God-fearing USA is made overseas in a sweat shop now. Outsourcing... go figure.

I had a mongoose too! Bought it off some dr for $40!! He said his kid never rode it anymore.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I had a mongoose too! Bought it off some dr for $40!! He said his kid never rode it anymore.
    I had a nice Schwinn bike with a flowered banana seat,lol,until I worked my way up to the Schwinn 10 speed with the curled handlebars
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."