Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: digital antenna

digital antenna

well I just hooked up antenna in the attic , and ran the cable down to the TV.. I was surprise to pickup almost 50 digital channels... ok there was repeats in there , a lot of PBS . the basic networks .. a few Spanish channels ( why don't they have a English on another audio track like they do for English channels ...Spanish chicks are super hot , ok there is a lot of P.S. there) and a couple shopping channels ..

thinking of giving up cable .

Re: digital antenna

Lmao!!
    Spanish chicks are the hot for sure! I don't care what they are saying anyways lol.

My wife has been jabbering about canceling cable. I don't care I never watch it except with her. I prefer to use my phone.

My brother in law made an antenna and I think he said about the same......50 ish channels.

Mmmm Latinas!!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

My Dad is so old school and still refuses to pay for TV. He put these antennas on all their TVs years ago,lol. My MOM says she cathes his watching the spanish soap operas and she says "you dont even know what they are saying" and he says "I didnt put this channel on",lol. After 56 years of marriage, my Mom gets a kick out of that,lol. Anyway, he has been happy with using these antennas instead of paying for cable.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    My Dad is so old school and still refuses to pay for TV. He put these antennas on all their TVs years ago,lol. My MOM says she cathes his watching the spanish soap operas and she says "you dont even know what they are saying" and he says "I didnt put this channel on",lol. After 56 years of marriage, my Mom gets a kick out of that,lol. Anyway, he has been happy with using these antennas instead of paying for cable.
    I'm getting ready to ditch cable myself.................I just don't watch TV that much anymore............I need to look into these digital antennas.

Cable is on the way out in my house. I've learned a lot about the antenna and free cable streaming from the internet. You can even watch the latest episodes. They won't be on at the regular time, but usually about an hour later than normal. Hell, between the antenna, free cable streaming and either Netflix, Hulu+ or the equivalent it should make up for everything I have now and save me $150/month
    "Look forward-never look back and enjoy every sandwich -Go get em-OD ALPHA ZILLA"

Quote Originally Posted by ineedtogrow View Post
    Cable is on the way out in my house. I've learned a lot about the antenna and free cable streaming from the internet. You can even watch the latest episodes. They won't be on at the regular time, but usually about an hour later than normal. Hell, between the antenna, free cable streaming and either Netflix, Hulu+ or the equivalent it should make up for everything I have now and save me $150/month
    Exactly! We have Netflix and amazon prime also has tons of movies. Between all this gets the job done and we will go this route soon

I also got one of these
    iView 3500STB DTV ATSC Digital TV Converter Box ( see amazon)
    it has a dvr feature if you pop in a USB stick, ... most of what I watch is network any way
    records in hd and I was able to edit/watch it on the computer. .. you can set it up to record weekly
    turn a channel and it has the tv guide schedule for the next 12- 24 hours after about 5 minutes

any how get an antenna high enough and you can pick up a lot.
    this just a basic all in one thing too, $30 .. no motor or anything , just an amp..

only problem is I use cable for Internet

as for spanish chicks
    my old roomate married a Brazilian chick and talked about show de Xuxa.. a show with a hot looking women and her assistants dress in tight shorts ..and gogo boots. the best part it was kids program and all the little girls watched it with their fathers .. it was on tv for years and she had her name on thousands of cheesy kids products .

it was just screwed up...

I surprise on the responses on this ... just kind of babling

Hmm I have no problem
    Getting in the attic and building a mutant power antenna lol.

The DVR is very nice. Ill look into it!

I'd get aids in brazil in 2 weeks.....maybe less lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post

I'd get aids in brazil in 2 weeks.....maybe less lol.
    remind's me of something ...

ever see a movie called " Moon over Parador" just remember Jonathan Winters playing a CIA agent talking about the girls there " look at that ass ... you could crack walnuts on it ...must be something in the water" not a great movie , but it had it's moments

The movie "Kids" always comes to mind when aids are mentioned. Great movie from what I remember. Always wrap your shit no matter how well you think you know somebody!
    "Look forward-never look back and enjoy every sandwich -Go get em-OD ALPHA ZILLA"