Thread: Potatoes, staple in any diets

Potatoes, staple in any diets

I am extremely frugal, and my diet consists of some staples which are cheap; like chicken and canned green beans.
    Does anyone who is "cut" year round (does this for a living/fitness model/6 pack year round) utilize potatos in their diet?

When I say frugal, I mean I spend 69.00 on food a week, and 20.00 of that comes from ON Casein Powder (no, it's not a huge part of my diet, pure casein is just expensive).

Re: Potatoes, staple in any diets

Nothin wrong with potatoes. Just eat protein with them to skew the glycemic load of the meal.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Try sweet potatoes, new potatoes, red potatoes, etc... I think they're less starchy. Might try carrots too, they have the same nutrients as potatoes with much less carbs. ^^^ IG is right, eat a good portion of protein with the potatoes to have everything balanced out.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    Try sweet potatoes, new potatoes, red potatoes, etc... I think they're less starchy. Might try carrots too, they have the same nutrients as potatoes with much less carbs. ^^^ IG is right, eat a good portion of protein with the potatoes to have everything balanced out.
    Good advice, thanks; what's the cheapest of the three you mentioned? I am doing this for frugality.

Quote Originally Posted by SlevinsBrother View Post
    Good advice, thanks; what's the cheapest of the three you mentioned? I am doing this for frugality.
    They're all around the same price, who'll just have to get to the grocery store and do a price comparison.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L