Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surgeries?

Surgeries?

Seems like many of us in this community have had surgeries. What kind have you had? Just thought maybe we could share experiences and it might help the rest if they are to encounter the same issues.

I have had a couple surgeries when I was younger but after 40, I had a left hip surgery to repair a shredded up labrum and shave down the ball in the hip socket. A year to the date later, I had a partial left nephrectomy (partial kidney removal). Hip surery improved the groin pain but 6 months post op, I have had chroniuc body pain that comes in flares, an abundance of tests and still no definitive answers.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

V.I.P.

Re: Surgeries?

Rectum surgery from crohns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JerseyDevil

I had surgery for a complete tear of the rotator cuff. Not a whole of fun, let me tell ya. After surgery took about a year to get back to where I was. 3 months rest, 3 months rehab. One cleared to start lifting again, took it very slowly for another 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Rectum surgery from crohns

Is your Chrons better now? That never really goes away does it?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    I had surgery for a complete tear of the rotator cuff. Not a whole of fun, let me tell ya. After surgery took about a year to get back to where I was. 3 months rest, 3 months rehab. One cleared to start lifting again, took it very slowly for another 6 months.
    Better now then? My husband had both shoulders done and one of them twice. That was over 10 years ago and they have been awesome since. Had a fantastic shoulder surgeon.

V.I.P.

It's more under control w medication but I still have flare up. Borg shoulders need surgery I just don't have six months to recover. Me knew also needs it's due to a ligament pulling a small piece of bone from the knee. Started as osgoslaighters or whatever lol... That surgery is 50 50 though could make it better or worse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's more under control w medication but I still have flare up. Borg shoulders need surgery I just don't have six months to recover. Me knew also needs it's due to a ligament pulling a small piece of bone from the knee. Started as osgoslaighters or whatever lol... That surgery is 50 50 though could make it better or worse

Glad to hear that is under control. That knee thing sounds painful? I hope you are not squatting still?

JerseyDevil

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    Better now then? My husband had both shoulders done and one of them twice. That was over 10 years ago and they have been awesome since. Had a fantastic shoulder surgeon.
    Yes much better! I had a really good surgeon as well. My other shoulder started giving me problems, but being wiser now I nipped it in the bud before it got too bad. Right now is the best they both felt in a long time.

V.I.P.

No squats and it's very painful I always have a huge lump under the knee cap and it gets bad from work crouching and standing climbing stairs Perry's ladders all w a 50lb tool belt that's union go out on disability every now and then sometimes becomes unbearable and needs rest to let inflammation go down

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No squats and it's very painful I always have a huge lump under the knee cap and it gets bad from work crouching and standing climbing stairs Perry's ladders all w a 50lb tool belt that's union go out on disability every now and then sometimes becomes unbearable and needs rest to let inflammation go down

i am sure you have tried the cortisone shots before right?