Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Being judged by the medical personnel

Being judged by the medical personnel

Was in the ER last week with my hubby and after about 3 hours, we upped and walked out,lol. We left without them knowing and you would think they would have called us...nope!

Anyway, I am tired of being judged by appearance when you see a doc or nurse. They look at my husband and right away, they want to start lecturing about something most of them know jack shit about (AAS). Or they look at me and say, you dont look like your in pain? I want to say FU...if I we went in ther looking like sloppy peeps or just damn shitty, we would be taken more seriously. This is why I try to take care of things more on my own cause we all know our bodies better than any medical person.

Sorry, but thats my rant for the day,lol.

Still cant believe we walked out and noone had a clue. I wonder how long before they even came back to the room to find us gone?lol
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Re: Being judged by the medical personnel

Oh and 1 more thing, thanks to Obamacare, I have never seen the ER so packed before...ughhh!!!

"Don't look like you're in pain." Yeah, they've gotten stingy with any CII or CIII substances. I gave up and had to go online for heavy pain killers back when my sciatic nerve was constantly inflamed.

Sent from an app I developed just for MC, releasing soon. Free in an iTunes near you; tapatalk isn't secure.

Quote Originally Posted by SlevinsBrother View Post
    "Don't look like you're in pain." Yeah, they've gotten stingy with any CII or CIII substances. I gave up and had to go online for heavy pain killers back when my sciatic nerve was constantly inflamed.

Sent from an app I developed just for MC, releasing soon. Free in an iTunes near you; tapatalk isn't secure.
    I am not in there seeking meds to mask my pain, just some help and hopefully answers to why. In fact, I am a "find the cause/source" type of person and NOT a treat the symptoms type. I hate meds and like to try other things first.

About 4 years ago, in a quest to find my answers to pain, I had some test done. A suspicious tumor was found on my kidney via us, Mri, and CT. Best recommendation was to go in and do a partial nephrectomy so I had that done. Turned out benign, thank God, but even with thet the stupid as urologist I saw, said "look at you" you look like you could be on the cover of a mag for fitness ( and I dont think so,lol). My point is he said well, it could be cancer but you look good...needless to say he is NOT the one who did the surgery.

I have lost faith in the medical field from a trauma I had face almost 9 years ago and it is hard to get any back

Docs make me mad,lol

I have a great story about how I tore a P.A. a new one in front of his staff. About not knowing shit about test and aas in general. It drives me nuts how they give these people the power to decide whether you need it or not when they know little to nothing about it.

The Noe

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Yeah, our medical care will just be getting worse, best to stay healthy through good nutrition and exercise, limit stress, and just be happy. Yeah listen to me lol, but seriously I am too like Baby...let's do some PT, some holistic and wellness ways before prescribing me pain meds and muscle relaxers. Nikki and I have a pretty decent doctor, he knows my lifestyle (minus AAS...but he may have a hunch) and knows me and how I like to handle my health. Just like when at my last current job...yup got laid off again on the 2nd of this month...they weren't going to release me to work because my liver numbers were elevated (just came off a blast with orals included) and was taking liver support...just one of those things, and my doctor wrote them a note saying that my numbers fluctuate all the time doing what I do and I have been in his care for 8+ years and I am fine, healthy, and the numbers will go down...which they did in a couple of weeks after a nice detox, and now I have not come off of TUDCA and NAC ever since. Basically we just need to take care of ourselves, and hopefully not have to rely on medical care too much as like I said will get much worse down the road.

Hopefully all is ok with your hubby Baby!!!

V.I.P.

I went in for pain I have had for over 10 yrs and the speaclist I saw said it was from working out I'm like you dumbass I just told you I have had it for over 10 yrs and when you asked how long have I been traing I told you 3yrs. This was 2yrs ago nothing has been done I still suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Layddually2 View Post
    I went in for pain I have had for over 10 yrs and the speaclist I saw said it was from working out I'm like you dumbass I just told you I have had it for over 10 yrs and when you asked how long have I been traing I told you 3yrs. This was 2yrs ago nothing has been done I still suffer.

I hear ya, they just don't listen. I have had shitloads of tests and such for years with no concrete diagnosis. My pain started about 8 years ago and I had a hip surgery 5 years ago. then I experienced new pain all over 6 months post op and the surgeon didn't want to do anything for me.

I go through that too. Only in my case, it's because of my size.
    When I first saw a company physical therapist to help with my injured knee, the puny guy looks at me seriously and says, "You know, weight usually have alot to do with knee injuries. Have you considered losing weight?"
    With a more serious look I told him, "Well, I've lost 130 pounds and managed to keep it off for 7 years now. How much more would you suggest?"
    His only reply was, "Oh, I see. Very good. Do you exercise?"
    "Actually yeah, I'm a competitive powerlifter and won the APF state championship in 2012."
    Complete silence after that.

MA nailed it. If you can afford TUDCA and NAC daily for months, it's the best combo you can take.