Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How I finally got boulder shoulders, thought I'd share

How I finally got boulder shoulders, thought I'd share

I've always been a fan of giant shoulders, and I naturally have pretty decent ones. But I've been struggling to add size to them for like a year at least. Well, I tried adding something ridiculously simple/basic to my routine that I picked up from a chick, and it worked.

Dana Linn bailey swears by extremely high volume Deltoid workouts. And by high volume, I mean dropsets of 100-150 reps. Basically, roughly fifty reps of side and front raises with very short rest periods.
    This seems to work really well if you are on aas, and I've heard arguments before for extremely high volume while on aas.

Sent from an app I developed just for MC, releasing soon. Free in an iTunes near you; tapatalk isn't secure.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: How I finally got boulder shoulders, thought I'd share

image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Dana has some nice shoulders!!!
    Last edited by MuscleAddiction; 04-12-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

How I finally got boulder shoulders, thought I'd share

Her delts pop pretty good for a chick. My friends are even better IMHO. She likes 4 sets of 15 reps for all her delt moves and said when she went to that they took off. Here's a pic of here but they are even better now!
    I like a hybrid program of 10-20 reps and it wasn't until I went with higher reps my lagging shoulder looked better.
    I do somewhat feel shoulders are like calves and u either have them
    Or u don't. A guy with weak calves will never look like jays or Dorians. Perfect example is Arnold. Yes he made huge gains on his calves....they look great until u see a guy like jay or Dorian who have great calves without doing much then they hit em and holy shit jaw dropping!

My buddies delts are stupid. He does 6-8'sets of DB press. That it. No side laterals or upright row...no rear delt work....ever! His look like coconut halfs.

Anyways I do find higher volume, rep range does seem to help lagging shoulders vs high weight low reps
    Last edited by Ironguruera; 04-13-2014 at 01:34 AM.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Higher volume on shoulders is a must for me. Like calves and forearms. Everything else I get results with lower rep ranges and heavy lifts

I have found out the hard way doing my delts. Trained them for years with heavy weight and it finally took its toll. I was reading up on Arnold's and Branch's delt routines and found that they trained with light weight & higher reps. Started doing this recently and my delts have really improved. So I would have to say that delts respond better to lower weight / high reps.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

V.I.P.

I like to do the higher reps and to stop and squeeze them at the most contracted position. Again thats just another thing to add to your bag of tricks so your muscles dont get used to doing the same old same old and stop making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I like to do the higher reps and to stop and squeeze them at the most contracted position. Again thats just another thing to add to your bag of tricks so your muscles dont get used to doing the same old same old and stop making progress.
    Yep, agreed! ^^^
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Good to know guys. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely try this out or at least add it in to on the last few sets.

Wide Grip Upright Rows High Reps, 15-20. Only bring the bar as high as is comfortable and NO HIGHER!!!
    I space my hands so that my index finger is on the narrow smooth ring on the knurling. If that makes sense to anybody.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Wide Grip Upright Rows High Reps, 15-20. Only bring the bar as high as is comfortable and NO HIGHER!!!
    I space my hands so that my index finger is on the narrow smooth ring on the knurling. If that makes sense to anybody.
    U know kaz got me to like these ESP with a straight bar. If I really emphasize lifting from my elbows they create a great pump. Fantastic shoulder move. I agree they seem to really shine when done with higher reps and perfect form.

However I wanna drop them cause I wanna totally eliminate and move that builds traps from my routine lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!