Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: gaining muscle mass help

Re: gaining muscle mass help

At your height, weight, and age roughly you need 1750 cals for maintenance. Takes about 3500cals a week plus or minus to loose or gain one pound. Also need to take into account how hard you train. So I would start with 2250 cals a day and work up from there in increments of 250-500 a day every couple weeks until you feel you are getting enough food and not putting on too much fat.

Other than food I would just get a good whey protein and creatine monohydrate. If you can afford it go with some casein as well for a good nighttime shake.

Eat,Eat,train, eat, sleep....plenty of sleep. Best way to start.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mondtster View Post
    At your height, weight, and age roughly you need 1750 cals for maintenance. Takes about 3500cals a week plus or minus to loose or gain one pound. Also need to take into account how hard you train. So I would start with 2250 cals a day and work up from there in increments of 250-500 a day every couple weeks until you feel you are getting enough food and not putting on too much fat.

Other than food I would just get a good whey protein and creatine monohydrate. If you can afford it go with some casein as well for a good nighttime shake.

Eat,Eat,train, eat, sleep....plenty of sleep. Best way to start.

cheers mate im having 4 meals a day atm having meat in 2 of them and 1 shake a day but might upp that to to and train 4-5 times a week is this the right way to go about things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luke_270 View Post
    Workout routine is a little weak. How long do you have to workout and what days do you prefer? You need more pulling, pressing, and squatting.

V.I.P.

I typically do three lifts per muscle some days more rarely ever less... I'm going 4 to 5 times a week right now I don't devote a day to legs anymore because of my knee I just throw them in on days when i feel I can(really starting to bum me out...upper body looking good legs sad) and I throw abs in everyday to offset as well... Haven't really been doing much cardio other than swimming... U gotta do what's good for u but I'm not even sure of ur gettin a good pump just like that... That should b your goal, I like to go till muscle failure... I almost crashed my Vespa on the way home from chest and tris last week lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I typically do three lifts per muscle some days more rarely ever less... I'm going 4 to 5 times a week right now I don't devote a day to legs anymore because of my knee I just throw them in on days when i feel I can(really starting to bum me out...upper body looking good legs sad) and I throw abs in everyday to offset as well... Haven't really been doing much cardio other than swimming... U gotta do what's good for u but I'm not even sure of ur gettin a good pump just like that... That should b your goal, I like to go till muscle failure... I almost crashed my Vespa on the way home from chest and tris last week lol

must of worked hard aha and yeah i normally work untill failure on the last set

V.I.P.

If your feeling like your gettin it than don't over do it gotta do what's good for you I'm going back to the basics and really concentrating on form more than heavy weights and such

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    If your feeling like your gettin it than don't over do it gotta do what's good for you I'm going back to the basics and really concentrating on form more than heavy weights and such

just wana get big really just not that to sure how to reach my goal! that workout does seem to be doing the job as im toned now but just wana gain more muscle

V.I.P.

U start eating huge like recommended and you'll start to see it pack on like these guys said when I've gained most I'm literally eating all day literally

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

this is good to see.. none are you are pushing AS.. it is so true ...at your age taking AS would be a big mistake .. right now you are at the age where the body is producing plenty of test...take any more and i would do more damage than good, and probably cause you to be low for life

eat work out and enjoy being 18!

we are all jealous!