Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you guilty???

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Are you guilty???

I do enjoy MC and some other forums along with some very dear friends I have made along the way, and would hope that one day we can meet face to face instead of screen to screen, so that we can put down these devices and look up from these screens and say "how are you my brother or sister" and give a hand shake or hug, share a laugh and a meal, or even a workout.

Much love and respect to my family here, but we still have to find that healthy balance and intelligence with this thing we call social media.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Re: Are you guilty???

AGREE!!

MOST EXCELLENT MA!!!!!! I personally am NOT a huge fan of all this technology..I have to say I am guilty at times with being on my computer at home though. I do not carry a cell phone around nor do I even care too. I dont watch TV and would not have a problem living without one, but at times I have become attached to being online. I do realize when I am spending to much time on my computer though, but most of my time is spent online, when I am alone at home. When I am at an event for my daughter, whether it be one of her games or performances, my eyes and ears are all on her. I was at an event last night in fact, and looked around to see many people typing away on their phones and that makes me nuts!!! Even at church I see people texting. I have come to really dislike technology sometimes, and I am a more old fashioned kind of person.

Thanks for posting this as it is a great eye opener to some, and I hope it does just that. Our children will be needeing glasses, have carpal tunnel and wont even know how to talk to one another, at a young age. WE as parents are the ones who can be in control of this and I will hold out as long as possible before my daughter gets a phone and she is not to take such electronic devices out of the house. I could go on and on,lol, but I will stop.

have an awesome day and remember to talk and listen to one another and learn to just appreciate the sights sounds etc that are all around us!
    baby1
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

When are we going to get together MA? We've only been talking about it a year. Lol

I think, as with everything, it's a balancing act. If we didn't have the tech, we all wouldn't have what we have here at MC and still be flying blind. That's one upside. The thing that's makes me nuts is stuff like 20-30 emails within a group back and forth to arrange one dinner or a meeting and no one thinks to just pick up a damn phone. For some, if it can't be done online, they just give up. It's amazing what can happen when you actually talk to someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very wise!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SFDan View Post
    When are we going to get together MA? We've only been talking about it a year. Lol

I think, as with everything, it's a balancing act. If we didn't have the tech, we all wouldn't have what we have here at MC and still be flying blind. That's one upside. The thing that's makes me nuts is stuff like 20-30 emails within a group back and forth to arrange one dinner or a meeting and no one thinks to just pick up a damn phone. For some, if it can't be done online, they just give up. It's amazing what can happen when you actually talk to someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I will text you today lol...how about this weekend?
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Yes I'm very guilty.... It's a bad habit!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

My GF and I never take our phones in to a restaurant when we are having a meal together. It's amazing how many folks out there spend a meal looking at their phones rather than the person across from them.

That being said. I am also guilty of being tied to this phone way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

V.I.P.

I'm always on my phone it has pros and cons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

there will have to be a good gym near by...!