Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some advice on a 3 day split per week in the gym?

Re: I need some advice on a 3 day split per week in the gym?

A-B routine...
    Workout A
    BBL Squats
    BBL Flat Bench Press
    BBL Bent Over Rows

Workout B
    BBL Squats
    BBL OHP
    BBL Dead Lifts

as follows,
    Mon-A
    Wed-B
    Fri-A
    Mon-B
    Wed-A
    Fri-B
    Very simple and extremely effective. This is the SL 5x5 and again and again Arab this would be tits for you bro. Your bod is used to 5 day/week workouts with volume.
    This is 180° turnaround from that. IMO nothing would beat this for you bro. Now Im gonna quit pushing this on you...LOL.

Sun- chest and triceps
    Mon-back and biceps
    Wed- quads
    Thurs- shoulders and calves

That way your pushing Sunday .pulling Monday .rest then legs. Then pushing again. Then 2 total days to recoup!! Easy peasy!

Of course that was based on the DAYS you said you hoped to train.

V.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    A-B routine...
    Workout A
    BBL Squats
    BBL Flat Bench Press
    BBL Bent Over Rows

Workout B
    BBL Squats
    BBL OHP
    BBL Dead Lifts

as follows,
    Mon-A
    Wed-B
    Fri-A
    Mon-B
    Wed-A
    Fri-B
    Very simple and extremely effective. This is the SL 5x5 and again and again Arab this would be tits for you bro. Your bod is used to 5 day/week workouts with volume.
    This is 180° turnaround from that. IMO nothing would beat this for you bro. Now Im gonna quit pushing this on you...LOL.
    This looks very interesting zed! Reminds me a program by Marvin eder from days of yesteryear. he did like 4-5 exercises 3 days a week program.

Those programs intimidate me lol.

How is the oxygen debt? U rest long in between sets?

I might try this just to mix it up. Not sure how my 250yr old back will fare with the deads and ohp lol.

Do u find your biceps really lag with a program like this? I find I can maintain. A good tricep with no direct tricep work. I have been nursing tendonitis an forearm issues for months so I just got back into training triceps. I was surprised how full they stayed during the direct training time off.
    The Marvin eder program he did use some biceps dumbell curls.

Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschooliron View Post
    This looks very interesting zed! Reminds me a program by Marvin eder from days of yesteryear. he did like 4-5 exercises 3 days a week program.

Those programs intimidate me lol.

How is the oxygen debt? U rest long in between sets?
    On this type of program I dont pay any attention to the tiime between sets. I just keep it under 3 min. To me its not that important but what is important is getting the reps and sets in in good form.

I might try this just to mix it up. Not sure how my 250yr old back will fare with the deads and ohp lol.
    Give it a shot bro. You dont know if you dont try.

Do u find your biceps really lag with a program like this? I find I can maintain. A good tricep with no direct tricep work. I have been nursing tendonitis an forearm issues for months so I just got back into training triceps. I was surprised how full they stayed during the direct training time off.
    The Marvin eder program he did use some biceps dumbell curls.

For someone that is new to this type of program I would say do the program exactly as it is written. But for a seasoned intermediate and beyond lifter I would def add in 2 biceps moves and alternate them.
    For instance I would put biceps on the B workout and do EZ bar curls 5x5 one session. Then the next session I would put in Alt arm Dbl curls at a 45° again 5x5.

Thoughts ?
    Hope that answers you bro. If not then just let me know.

V.I.P.
    Yes that does. 3 min rest? Thats and eternity lol!

Ok yeah I was thinking of adding some stuff in. I'm doing a lean cut cycle right now. For my next bulk I will try this

Yeah 3 min is a long time bro but you also have to remember when you do a 5x5 properly yo azz is whipped BIG TIME! LOL I mean by the time that your pushing that last set there is no fun at all left in it man.
    Last edited by zedhed; 07-21-2012 at 04:02 PM.

One thing I see all the time is people over complicate things. It is a science but not rocket science. I'm telling you I train with several pro's and top national competitors and they just train! They don't time rest periods and they just have an approximate number of sets and reps. Just train!! Hard!!

V.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    One thing I see all the time is people over complicate things. It is a science but not rocket science. I'm telling you I train with several pro's and top national competitors and they just train! They don't time rest periods and they just have an approximate number of sets and reps. Just train!! Hard!!
    I know what u mean. I don't really time anything. I use bio feedback. If I feel ready to go again I do. I'm not staring at a clock lol.

I train like u suggested instinctively. No 2 days are the same energy or power level. Some days some 12 yr old with pizza face is using the machine a want, so I must change it up.

That's right! I understand novice lifters need more structure but most guys in here, especially those already on gear should know their bodies pretty well.